Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Kindly throw some light on the below mentioned scenario:

There is raw material with QM @ procurement active & with "01" inspn type. Now, is there a way where i can certify a vendor / material combination for a given duration.

i.e. For a given duration, 01 type Inspection lots should not be generated & after that duration creation of 01 type inspection lots should re-start.

I tried Qlty info record, but not sure how it works...

Thanks,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Q-info record , Under Insp control tab , you can make use of controls "No Inspection or Inspection active , if vendor is not certified".

If yor use No inspection , Insp lot will not be created till the release date you specified.

If you use the option - "insp active , if vendor is not certified " Insp lot will not be created till the date vendor QM system specified is valid.

Hope this will helps you

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for responding. In the QI record i have maintained "Release By" date as a past date & "No Inspection" under "Insp. control", but still the Inspection lots are not getting generated. Kindly suggest if i have missed some thing here.

Thanks,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you set the rel date as past , you cannot place new order for that vendor.

Release date is the

" Latest date, on which the material for the plant can be ordered from the vendor".

You can set the release date as future valid date & change the options under insp control as per your requirement , whether you need inspection or not

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

So "Release By" date controls only the creation of POs & not the creation of Inspection lots. If we set "No inspection" under Inspn control, the same will be applicable throughout & not till the Release by date. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

My requirement was to control the creation of Inspection lots for a particular vendor/material combination. Looks like this cannot be acheived by QI record. Is there any other option for the same.

Thanks,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During GR , system will check for the Q-info record details. If you have mentioned "No inspection" in inspection controls , It will not create insp lot.

If you are maitaining QM systems certification validity , you can use the function "Inspection active , if vendor is not certified". Till that time certificate is valid , it will not create inspection lot.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I used QM certification & its working fine now. Thanks you for your valuable inputs.

Rgds,

Srini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is possible through Quality info record only.

Pl. check the fields there in qualityinfo record.

Regards

YMREDDY