cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating DB tables with the help of VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm interested in building input forms and saving the data in the portal.

I mean, that we are building DB tables in the portal and then, I'm going to build forms for data input/update for the users. Can I implement VC for this purpose?

I know that VC is perfect for all type of outputs and, also, for connection to R3 functions, but I need something else. I need to store the data in DB tables in the portal. Is it possible to do it with VC?

Regards,

Inna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Inna,

Your first question was.

"I'm going to build forms for data input/update for the users. Can I implement VC for this purpose?"

The answer is yes you can in the Visual Composer create forms that allow you to input data and update information. There is an excellent How To regarding this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/2bd0e7bf-0201...

Your second question:

"I know that VC is perfect for all type of outputs and, also, for connection to R3 functions, but I need something else. I need to store the data in DB tables in the portal. Is it possible to do it with VC?"

By this I assume you wish to persist data in the portal itself? Is that correct? If this is correct, Visual Composer currently does not provide a way to persist data within the Enterprise Portal to my understanding.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

1. Can I use WebDynpro instead?

2. What about the new version of VC? Does it support working within portal? I've heard, it will support the work with CRM and BW systems, is it right?

Cheers,

Inna

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Can I use WebDynpro instead?

<b>No need of WebDynpros. Tools available inthe VC for FORM creation.</b>

2. What about the new version of VC? Does it support working within portal? I've heard, it will support the work with CRM and BW systems, is it right?

<b>There are no such restrictions. If a System is created in Portal, then you can use that system in VC.</b>

Thanks,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inna,

WebDynpro is a planned runtime in the Visual Composer however as of yet is not available and therefore right now no you cannot use WebDynpro.

Currently VC 6.0 supports BW systems, in the newer release the VC BI Kit is greatly enhanced and has a great deal of new capabilities especially related to BI systems setup to connect via the Web API.

How to setup all of these system types are outlined in the Online Knowledge Products available on the service marketplace.

http://service.sap.com/rkt

Under SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 2004s ->IT Scenario: Enterprise Reporting, Query and Analysis -> IT Scenario Variant: Modeling BI Data with the SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer

I hope this answers your question

Scott