cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable packaging material

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

i have a scenario where in i am recieving co2 gas from my vendor against a PO.

He is supplying it with cylinders i want to keep track of the cylinders and afetr using the gas want to return the cylinder to vendor

please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen,

You can map your return of empty Cylinders in SAP under Return Transport packaging ( Special stock indicator M).

It is stored in your premises , but belongs to vendor.It does not form part of the valuated stock .

You can make good receipt of these Cylinders against purchase order , returnable transport packaging can be entered as non order item.In the MIGO you can define separate default value for the movement type for the special stock type M .

You enter the return of transport packaging( Cylinders) to the vendor using reversal movement 502 M or 562 M.

PO for Gas filled Cylinders can be handled as per normal PO procedure.

I hope this will solve your problem.

If so reward points,

Vivek Maitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks for the reply

when i want to return the material with what document evidence can i send is there a possibility of any doc reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen,

Thanks for prompt response.

When you want to return empty cylinders , you have to use MIGO transaction & use Movement type 502 M or 562 M.

Reference Document is the PO number against which GR is done.

Thanks,

Vivek Maitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS

i dont want to recieve against PO i want to create a material with UNBW material type and recieve withou ref of PO thru 501 m . is it ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen,

There is no need to create any separate material under UNBW.

You can make good receipt of these Cylinders against purchase order .Returnable transport packaging can be entered as non order item.In the MIGO you can define separate default value for the movement type for the special stock type M . If you want to enter a material as a returnable transport packaging ,in an "additional item" choose " Transport Equipment".

OR

Your Idea can also works,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

create the material master for that cylinder using material type lieh and at the time of gr of co2 gas click the button for rtp at right hand side near the ditribute qty . button

and then mention the material code for the cyclinder and then give vendor and save or post the document ..........system will automatically post this good under vendor stock (i mean to say that material will be at your place but there willl be a link b/w that cyclinder and materail ) and to return that cyclinder u can make use of return po which i think is the best option to realise the practical scenerio

Answers (0)