cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in RFC connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm trying to create RFC connection between 2 servers (Server A and Server B).

The connection from Server A to Server B is working fine.

However, the problem is, I cannot get Server B to "talk" to Server A. From the connection test in SM59, everything seems to be working fine. There is no error message. Any idea why it happen?

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

If the connection from Server A to Server B is working fine. Can you compare the setting of the both Server`s .

Plesae configure the same parameter in Server B ( which is already working fine in Server A ) to access Server A .

I feel some thing is wrong in Logon & Security .

Regards,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh / Vamshi,

Thanks for replying.

In SM59, the connection test from Server B to Server A is working fine. However, when i click on the "Remote Logon" button, nothing happen.

Santosh, can you clarify further the details that i need to look for in the server?

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John ,

Santosh, can you clarify further the details that i need to look for in the server? - > Have you tried with providing the IP Address instead of Host name ?

Also track the log in SM59 -> RFC Trace .

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried using the IP address but the same problem persists.

I am checking the log for the RFC trace now and will update you again.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

"However, when i click on the "Remote Logon" button, nothing happen" the user which is registered in RFC connection is dialogue or not? If not "nothing happen" you can only "connection test" and in Utilities -->

Authorization test (Ctrl+f4). Regards. Award if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

I receive 3 error message from the log:

Timeout during connection setup. Please check partner availability

SAP gateway connection failed. Is SAP gateway started?

Unable to determine host address: NiHostToAddr failed

However, I've check in the MMC and the SAP gateway service is green. I have also use IP address instead of the hostname.

Sergo, please explain more on your statement.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John ,

Track the correct Gateway using SMGW or do not specify the Gateway details , leave it blank .

Update us if you are getting any error .

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I explain. You create the RFC connection betwen A and B server. You can test connection and connection is fine, but then you press on "remote connection" nothing happen . It's means this : you create the connection on server A in SM59 and provide the information about user in system B in this RFC. Go to system B, transaction su01,

find the user which is described in connection --> edit him , on the "Logon Data" page you can chek the "User Type" if the type is not the Dialog --> "when i click on the "Remote Logon" button, nothing happen"" if you change to dialog you can use "Remote Logon" . Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sergo,

Both users for Server A and Server B has the same details. Both are Dialog users.

Santosh, I've tried on transaction for SMGW. This time, I'm only using dialog logon. When i login to server A, there are no information displayed in SMGW.

When i logged in to server B, there is an entry for SMGW.

Does it mean that there are the issue is now with server A? Please note that i do not establish any remote connection this time.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John ,

What is your System Number ?

For Eg :

If the System Number is 00 then the Gateway should be sapgw00

Try connecting using blank entry and post the result .

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

For Server A

System Number: 00

For Server B

System Number: 00

Can you guide me on how to connect using a blank entry?

I'm sorry as I'm still new in Basis.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Eg :

If the Target System Number is 00 then the Gateway should be sapgw00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If possible do this test. Assign the user used in RFC destination SAP_ALL profile temporarily and then do a test. Also please check in system A whether you are getting RFC related ABAP dumps.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

How can I check for the Gateway details? Cause when i execute SMGW, there is no details in server A.

As for server B, the Gateway is sapgw00. However, sometimes when i execute SMGW in server B, it shows no result.

Really appreciate it if you can show me the detailed steps to get the information.

Hi, Ruchit. I have assigned SAP_ALL for both users. There are no Abap dumps for both servers as well. The connection test went smoothly. Just that from server B, there is no result when i click on the "Remote Logon" option in SM59. I'm able to do that from server A.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John ,

Forget SMGW , as we come to conclusion that System Gateway is sapgw00 .

I ask you to execute SMGW to find Gateway information of the system .

Apart from this as i said earlier please check the Logon & Security setting of the RFC destination .

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

Make sure that the users are dialog users or communication users, i dont think you should type any thing in the gate way details, just leave them as blank,just select your host name or the local ip of your server, it works we have made the same connection from our dev system to prd system make sure that you are using connection type as r/3(3).It should work no need of looking for gateway and all those stuff for just rfc.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Just check if you are able to login into system A using the user you have defined for RFC destination corresponding to system A that has been created in system B.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

The Logon and Security setting, both have the same settings.

Vamshi, I have done as per your instruction but still the problem persists.

Ruchit, Yes, I'm able to login to the respective server using the user that I've created.

I'm suspecting if there is a possibility that the firewall settings is blocking the IP? This is because in server A, when i inserted the IP address in SM59, it will automatically change to the domain name once I click save.

However, the same outcome does not shows in server B. Is this a possible reason that might happen?

Regards,

John

p/s: sorry for the late reply. some issue on my sdn login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Firewall can be virtually ruled out since connection test is working fine.

On the hindsight are both the systems of same release? There might be clue in there as well. I mean sometimes login issues occur when disparate systems are involved.

What are the releases?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

Both are running on ECC 6.0. Below is the information that I have noticed to have some differences between them:

Server A:

Kernel information

Kernel release: 700

Compilation: NT 5.0 2195 Service Pack 4 x86 MS VC++ 13.10

Database Data

Database System: MSSQL

Release: 9.00.2047

Server B:

Kernel information

Kernel release: 700

Compilation: NT 5.2 3790 Service Pack 1 x86 MS VC++ 14.00

Database Data

Database System: MSSQL

Release: 9.00.1399

Please do advice.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Release also don't seem to be an issue. Can you just for test purposes give your used id and password in RFC destination and then try remote login. I assume you have user ids in both A and B.

Before this may be you can do another remote login check and then check sm21 and st22 in both the systems for once.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

Just make sure that in the rfc which is connecting to the server A from server B then the user you are using should be present in the server A and vice-versa.Just try giving the full authoriations to both the users and make sure that they are dialog users.I dont think there would be an issue with the firewall or the ip changing to the host name.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Not sure if this is relevant to this issue but also please check OSS note 189077.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've created the same user to log in. User A and User B have the same details and authorization. User A managed to log in to Server A and can remote to Server B. User B can log in to Server B but still cannot remote to Server A. Connection test from both server is working fine.

From SM21, below is the error found:

Type: RD

Text: I Operating system call recv failed (error no. 10054)

module name: nixxi.cp

error text: recv10054

caller: NiIRead

reason/cal: recv

Technical details:

Offset:135360

System Log type: Error (Function,Module,Row)

Variable message data: recv10054 NiIReadrecv nixxi.cp4235

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Johan ,

Set the gw/gw_disconnect parameter to 0.

The parameter can be using TCODE RZ11 OR TCODE SMGW by choosing Goto -> Parameter -> Change

And try ..

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

I think that there might be some inaccuracy of the error code that I've pasted earlier. I've left my sapgui idle earlier and i might have been disconnected because of the timeout. I'm not sure if this actions results in the error code. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

When i tested the remote logon from SM59, there is no error listed in the system (SM21). There are no dumps registered either (ST22).

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John Smith. Can you remote login in both systems on OS level from another server ? For testing disable the

all firewals and antivirus software. Go to SM59 open RFC connection (from B to A) and press (CTRL+F4) or in menu --> Utilities --> test --> authorization test. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

i understand that you are well versed with RFC connections however this statement confuses me a bit:"User A managed to log in to Server A and can remote to Server B. User B can log in to Server B but still cannot remote to Server A"

What I understand is the following:

You have two systems A and B. User A exists in System A only while User B exists in System B only. You have created an RFC destination X in system A that corresponds to System B in which you have input user A as the user. Similarily you have created an RFC destination Y in system B that corresponds to System A in which you have input user B as the user.

Please confirm if I am correct. I am asking this because if this statement "

User A exists in System A only while User B exists in System B only" holds true then RFC destination X should make use of user B and RFC destination Y should make use of user A.

If however users A and B exist in both the systems then you can use them they way you want provided both have sufficient authorizations in both the systems.

This is why I asked you to use your user id in the RFC destinations because I assume that your id exists in both A and B and has sufficient authorizations.

I may be totally wrong in my thinking so please correct me.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sergo,

Question: Can you remote login in both systems on OS level from another server ? For testing disable the

all firewals and antivirus software. Go to SM59 open RFC connection (from B to A) and press (CTRLF4) or in menu --> Utilities --> test --> authorization test.+

Answer: Yes, I'm able to remote login from another server. The Authorization Test on both servers is fine.

Ruchit, I'm very sorry for the confusion of my statement.

I'll try to simplify the situation. Instead of using 2 users, I've created the same user in both server. In SAP, I have created a new user Q in the same client for both the servers. Both of them have all the same details (password, profile, etc..). Simple to say, the summary is a below:

Server A (Let's call it DEV)

user: Q

client: 200

profile: SAP_ALL

Server B (Let's call it QAS)

user: Q

client: 200

profile: SAP_ALL

So, it means that I have the same user created in exactly the same client, with the same profiles and authorizations in both servers.

I have also created the rfc connection with the details below:

Server A: QASCLNT200 (to connect to Server B)

Server B: DEVCLNT200 (to connect to Server A)

The Objective:

I'm trying to create a rfc connections between the 2 systems.

The situation:

In SM59, there are buttons for Remote Logon and Connection Test. For Server A, using user Q, when i click on the Remote Logon button, I'm able to connect to Server B.

However, when I tried to do the same procedure in Server B using user Q as well, when i click on Remote Logon button, nothing happen. No error message, no dumps.

The connection test and authorization test shows no error.

However the weird things is the condition below:

If I login as user Q in Server A and click on the "Remote Logon" button, I can connect to Server B. So, now I'm in Server B. Using the same connection again, I proceed to SM59 and click on the "Remote Logon" button. And I'm able to connect back to Server A.

As for RDC (Windows Remote Desktop) connection, there is no issue on that. Sorry that I confuses you on my concept on "Remote Logon" button and RDC.

Regards,

John

p/s: to all who replied to my question, thank you for all your time and help. i really appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create two rfc's one in server A, other in server B.

The rfc you created in server A should be pointing to B this means that you have to select the login details of system B okay . Then create a rfc in system B which will point to system A here you should use the log in details of A.

hope this helps!!!!

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

That is what John has explained in his previos post.

Hi John,

This is weird behaviour. Need to check a bit more on this.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vamshi,

I have created 2 rfc.

Server A: QASCLNT200 (pointing to Server B, and contains the login details of user in server B)

Server B: DEVCLNT200 (pointing to Server A, and contains the login details of user in server A)

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply. Do update me if you have found any suggestions or solutions on this.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

Do you managed to find any updates on this issue?

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Nothing new really.

However may be we can try out a few things.

Can you temporarily change the user id you are using for RFC destination A created in system B and then check the remote logon functionality. If that works then we can assume that the issue is with the user id. If that also doesnot work then we have general issue at our hands. Might need some deductive skills ala Sherlock Holmes.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

I've tried various clients and users. However, each time i tried, the result is the same.

-no error

-connection test is ok

-Server A can "Remote Logon" to server B

-Server B cannot "Remote Logon" to server A

However, I'm curious about something.

For your information, for clients in Server B, we only create the client through SCC4. No client copy has been carried out yet. However, we have created the testing user ID in the respective client. Will this be the cause of this problem? Is it possible if there has been some error or mistakes done while creating the client? Can I try to create the connection from client 000 in Server B to Server A?

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

This new information is interesting. Yeah please try that client 000 test.

Let me think on this new info.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Add the below paramater to your profile (RZ10)

login/password_downwards_compatibility = 5

Then restart the box. check the connection.

Thanks

seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

I've tried all the combinations. From client 000 as well. Just a clarification. I'm sorry for the incorrect statement earlier. For the new clients in Server B, we did client copy from 001.

Seshu, can you advice me more about the effects that will be caused by the parameter below:

login/password_downwards_compatibility = 5

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Pls check whether Port entries for Gateway are present in "service "file on the concerned server if not Pls add the entry in the file.

If i am not wrong the entry would be 33XX where XX is system No.

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

RFC is onesided like if you want to connect your B server from A server there should be an another rfc from your A server with the login credentials which will be in client of your system A.

Just create the rfc and try it should work.

Regards,

Vamshi.