cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with HR replication after using local org. structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Gurus,

My client have implemented the HR module in ECC 5 and want to use it for replicating it to SRM 4.0.

We're in PROD (using the extended classic scenario) for over a year using a local SRM org. structure.

Have any one encountered with this requirement?

What will be the system impact of this kind of change, in terms of old documents, in process documents etc..?

Please your advise.

Raz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raz,

As informed by Pranav, the moment you replicate the HR org structure from ECC to SRM it will generate new business partner i.ds and central persons.

The ones which were already existing will not be able to shop as they will not be recognized as employees of the organization since the already existing ones are not part of HR org. structure.

The moment you deactivate the setting for HR Org structure in SRM you can use the old users.

Its better to close all the shopping cart follow on documents before replicating the new HR org. structure from ECC.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in understanding the issue. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Thanks for your answer

>>> The moment you deactivate the setting for HR Org structure in SRM you can use the old users.

Initially say USer A is linked to CP1 and BP1 in manual SRM org.

After the HR replication, USer A will be linked to CP2 and BP2. At this point, if you deactivate the HR integration, still you CAN'T assign the USer A to CP1 and BP1 (based on my experience). So in SRM USer A can't see the old SC etc after the HR replication.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Those were my thoughts too and my major concern and

losing history is a major problem for this particular client.

Any other thoughts you can share with me.

Regards,

Raz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raz,

I can understand your problem. Same issue I have also faced in the past. It is SAP SRM design. We can't do anything.

By the way, how many users on the (manually) created SRM org. ?

How many users do you intend to replicate from HR ?

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

For now there are about 1500 users create manually in SRM Org. and we intend to double the users as the implementation is planned to be extended to other parts of this client and HR is being implemented and planned to go-live by the end of 2008.

Raz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raz / Pranav

I would agree with pranav's remarks but the already created documents in SRM using old users will not vanish and you can still view those documents.

Please find the related thread in this regard :

You can use the BADI BBP_WF_LIST to look at the old shopping carts created by user A and can copy them as it would not be feasible otherwise.

With the Business Add-In BBP_WF_LIST , you can tailor the

display of worklists and search results lists for purchase order documents (and Sourcing applications) in SRM Server according to your own criteria.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in resolving your issue.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raz,

The workaround resolution ( not a fix ! ) I have created for a client (but not executed as client agreed to communicate to the users (manually created)....no history etc from go-live date etc.

Step 1) User A ( Manually created in SRM ORG)

Step 2) User A1 ( created through HR ORG - 0105/0001 )

Step 3) Set on behalf for A1 (means A1 always purchase and see the SC etc on behalf of A) .

Step 4) Set the timeframe for the on behalf feature (i.e say 3 months from go-live User A will be deleted and no on behalf etc). FYI, history information still exist in database, you may write your own custom code to retrieve it for audit purpose

Make sure User A is deleted from SRM ( I mean SAP User ID ..not just ORG).

Step 5) Change the HR 0105/0001 entry and set the user to User A.

Step 6) You will see the change pointer for it

Step 7) User A is back to business.....

This is the backup plan I have created it. But I have not executed it.....may be when I get time, I will test it....If you /someone happen to test it, please let me know the result.

Hope it will help you.

-Pranav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done exactly what you are talking about in "classic" scenario.

The major impact is "the day you replicate the user/person from ECC into your SRM system, users can't see their "already" created SC (using local SRM org.) etc as NEW BP will be created as soon as you replicate the HR (user/person) data".

Hope it helps.

-Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

So the users lose all theirs history?

Raz