cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution Man. 4.0 upg Hangs/running very slowly at XPRAS_UPG

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I started my solution manger upgration 14th of march ,today is 24th march ,past 3 days the upgradation is in XPRAS_UPG phase and I also followed as per the SAP note 558197(12 Hours back)

In the console window I can see some transport is going on ,which is as

Resetting conversion errors ...

Reset done - starting tp ...

running C:\usr\sap\S01\SYS\exe\run\tp.exe pf=c:\usr\sap\put\bin\XPRASUPG.TPP put S01

Please guide me

thanks & regards

George

Edited by: George Varghese on Mar 24, 2008 9:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please got to the log directory and check whether the XPRASUPG.ELG / XPRASUPG.LOG file is being updated regularly....

If not check the SLOG* and ALOG* files for any errors...

Check if you are currently facing an Archive Stuck situation..

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shuhas,thanks for the reply ,there is no error in those logs which you have specified and when i logged into clinet '000' with the user ddic then I can see that 1 job is active

when I analysed in the MMC, I can find one backgroung job is running and where only SAPMS38L program is active and acceing only one table D010INC

thanks&regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the following note is helpful in your case or not

SAP Note 558197 - upgrade hangs in PARCONV_UPG, XPRAS_UPG, SHADOW_IMPORT_UPG2

Regards,

Suhas

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello George,

> I can find one backgroung job is running and where only SAPMS38L program is active and acceing only one table D010INC

That is a very important detail

Can you please take a look at the oracle sessions, if the session is maybe blocked or reading?

Login to client 000 => ST04 => Detailed Analysis => Oracle Sessions

Search for the session that is accessing the table D010INC and take a look at the wait event.

If the wait event is "db file sequential read" or "db file scattered read" .. please make a double click on the session and execute the "explain plan" and post the result here..

As you have told us, that your upgrade is taking a very long time.. i have seen such a situation, if the oracle parameter "_B_TREE_BITMAP_PLANS" was not set to false.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great point stefan.... i forgot about it completely.... Also George do check out for any Dead Lock events due to which it is taking time.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys I think I resolved the problem

I just updated the Database statics ,now its processing very fast

Thanks for you support

Regards

George

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the problem is with job RDDEXECL and long running XPRAS

The Job RDDEXECL needs to be run manually. To do this, call transaction code sm36 and schedule ABAP program RDDEXECU. This program authomatically reschedule the job RDDEXECL.

Please note: RDDEXECU is a program and totally different from Job RDDEXECL.

Cheers

Shaji

Edited by: Shaji Jacob on Mar 24, 2008 12:06 PM