cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Directory--Business process --Check in /Out option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am working in Solution directory (t.code: DSWP). I have created one maintenance project. In this maintenance project i have maintained the following business process.

1. Sale Order Processing

2. Production Order Processing.

These two business processes are currently running in my R/3 production process.

In SOLAR01 , "admin" tab i have assigned project team member as "ZSRAGHU" for business process 'Sale Order Processing"

Like the same way, for business process "Production order Processing" i have assigned the project team member as "ZSRAO".

In SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN t.code, i have checked in the box "Restrict changes to nodes in project to assigned team members" so that only assigned team member can edit the business process.

Now i have assigned this maintenance project to my Solution. (The name of my Solution is "TEST")

As per the help.sap.com document, if the business process has been "checked Out" from Solution directory by the project lead, then only the team mmeber can edit the process in SOLR01.

Am i right?

But in my system, the team members are possible to edit the business process (In SOLAR01..."Structure" tab) before the business process are being "Checked Out" from Solution directory.

I want to restrict this option to my team members.

My requirement is:

If the Business process been "Checked out" in Solution, then only the team member can able to edit the business process in SOLAR01 otherwise i can not preserve my production business process....

Please guide me to achive this & will be very much rewarded.

Note:

In "SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN" under "Scope" tab, check in the box "Edit structures" will NOT help to map this requirement as all aware.

Regards

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am waiting for your valuable reply & will be very much appreciated.

regadrs

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

By Business Process 'Check Out', I hope you are talking of the 'Document' attached at Process level and not the Process itself, as in the structure.

I can understand your frustration about the indicator "Restrict changes to nodes in project to assigned team members" not working.

As mentioned in the online help, did you try to work your way through Authorisation Object "AI_SA_TAB" ?

Is it due to some other authorisation that users have, which 'supersedes' this authorisation object ? Did you check any SAP Note for this object ?

If nothing else works, can you try to introduce a 'Custom Status' and use the following IMG setting to restrict it by users:

SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Cross-scenario Settings -> Document Management -> Status for Documents -> Assign Status Values for Read Authorisation

This may be a workaround !

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

In case you are able to consider this, and seek your firm to upgrade SolMan instance, you may like to go for SolMan Enterprise Edition.

It's got some good additional functions, one of them being Locking/Unlocking facility.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/ab/d7b9a48eb5423f99028c7cfd0584d6/content.htm

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

Now i am working with Sol Man 4.0 SP 13 SAPKITL423.

In which version of Sol Man this functionality is available?

I have explored my SPRO node, but i couldn't find this option.

Regadrs

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

That functionality is in SolMan Enterprise Edition - a service for which additional payment is necessary to SAP, not sure how much though.

Please check for the presentations that have been added under the section Enterprise Edition in:

http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

Regards,

Srini