cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i set up configurable material ZZ000001. this is assigned to a class and configuration profile.

there are 2 characteristics assigned to the class, which are:

Z_COLOR_1 (with characteristic values red, blue and yellow)

Z_SIZE_1 (with characteristic values big and small)

i have set up variant pricing VA00, and these are all working fine in the sales order.

now i assigned class and characteristic value to the following components:

material 800000375, class type 200 Z_COLOR_1, value 'red'

material 800000376, class type 200 Z_COLOR_1, value 'blue'

material 800000377, class type 200 Z_COLOR_1, value 'yellow'

material 800000378, class type 200 Z_SIZE_1, value 'big'

material 800000375, class type 200 Z_SIZE_1, value 'small'

these components are listed in the BOM, usage 5 (SD) as L (stock items).

now my questions:

1. when i enter ZZ000001 in the sales order and save, this material shows up in the requirements after running MD04, but the requirements for the components are '0'; do the components have to show up as requirements?

2. if i want to them to show up as requirements, how do i set up the BOM using CS01?

i was able to set up such that the components also show up as requirements together with the configurable material but i seemed to have forgotten this already.

thanks for your help!

regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check your item categories, if there has to be a transfer of requirements at sub-item level the main item category group has to be LUMF and item category TAP or an appropriate copy there of?

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

actually, i am not using ERLA or LUMF but 0002, for configurable material.

regards and thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jonathan

check this out

check Object Dependencies (cu01).

check whether

configurable mterial has been assigned to the calss CL01) via configuration profile cu41) or not.

Simulate the configuration in (cu50)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

i seem to be having problems in CU01. i am getting a syntax error message and the settings are being locked.

what do i do next?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you check the syntax error in object dependency editor in CT04 ? (characteristic value)

Prase

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those 800.... items need to be components in the Z-material BOM. Make sure each one has the "relevant to Sales" checked.

Each of these components also need a Object dep. created and attached to them as a Selection Condition

800000375, Z_COLOR_1 = 'red'

800000376, Z_COLOR_1 = 'Blue"

Sounds like you are single level, so the syntax should be as simple as that.

For these to show up as requirements you need to have a Schedule Line category setup that drives requirements. If you are just an SD person get a PP person to help with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi