Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding RFID

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know what is exactly the RFID and where this will be used and what are the all the modules will be covered?

Regards

Sundaresan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RIFD (Radio Frequency Identification) is a technology that has existed for decades.

At a simple level, it is a technology that involves tags that emit radio signals and devices called readers that pick up the signal.

RFID tags consist of a chip for holding data and an antenna for communicating the data through radio waves

The reach of RFID signals depends on the kind of chip, on the frequency ,but is usually several centimeters to meters.

RFID is used at the following

1.Product tracking

2.asset tracking

3.Hospital - valuable medicine tracking

and lot lot many .,,,,,,

Thanks & regards.,

V.Rangarajan.

Edited by: ranga rajan on Mar 25, 2008 7:31 AM

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I want to know how is it related to SAP PP , is it good field to work???

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunderesan ,

SAP AII is an integration middleware between RFID Technologies and Legacy ERP Systems.

It is not specifically related to SAP PP . It is post activity . From SAP AII you need connect to R3 System via XI . I don't have much idea about PP .

Thanks & regards.,

V.Rangarajan

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your reply you mentioned from SAP AII you need to connect R/3 system via XI. Could you please explore more elaborately how to connect from SAP AII to R/3 via XI with examples if possible.

Regards

Sundaresan

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In service market place there is configuration guide availabe . Please refer that . They clearly mentioned the connection details .

Cheers

V.Rangarajan

Answers (0)