cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying EAR file into Webservices of J2EE Engine..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying out to create an application under Netweaver developer studio.

One of the steps include..

Deploying an existing .ear file into the webservices of J2ee engine..

Can anybody help me who to deploy the "ear" file into the J2ee engine..

Thanks in advance,

venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat

Using SDM is the best way for deploying the EAR.

It will be avaible under the path

sap\systemname\JC<>\SDM\program\<b>RemoteGui.bat</b>

Make a shortcut of this RemoteGUI.bat to the Desktop.

Thanks

Kay

Note: Allot points for all worthful postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several ways to deploy an EAR file to the J2EE server. There is the DeployTool, which for simply deploying is too complicated, you can deploy over RMI with a self written program, or the way I do it is using the Deploy in the J2EE Administrator. For all the above ways of deploying a finished EAR file, the only thing that you have to becareful of is that the EAR complies to the J2EE standard and it should then work ( J2EE standard description can be found on http://java.sun.com/j2ee ). Also be sure that resources that are already available on the server need not to be deployed in the EAR, just reference the system resouces over JNDI or classpaths.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are several ways to deploy a file to the server. Best way is you go through a tutorial, that shows you how to do this. Don't try to deploy a ready EAR file from anywhere else, as this will not work.

Regards,

Benny

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Can you please tell us the name of that tutorial and how/where to get that tutorial?

Thanks,

Abhay

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It 's in the manuals for example under help.sap.com .

Drill down to Java environement and development manuals. There is a tutorial for deployment:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/52413e7bcd561ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Benny