cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE TERMINATED ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Namaste Gurus,

I am getting a paculiar error while after creating the sales order and out bound delivery while raising the invoice by using "VF01" I am getting an error " EXPRESS DOCUMENT UPDATE WAS TERMINATED RECIEVED FROM AUTHOR"

and by igonring the message and going to the next screen "DOCUMENT DOES NOT EXIST" error is thrown to me.

I am confused is that I have to reinstall SAP on to my system or what I am not able to understand the error.

Please advice.

with regards,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Number range for SD Billing Documents & also consult FI Consultant & verify the number range of Accounting Document. This error is possible for either of Number Range Missing.

In the case if Excise Invoice is automated from Billing Document, Check Excise Number range & ensure to check if Internal Number range is also maintained.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

I guess the documents you are trying process either do not exist. Just to ensure please go to VA02 and see if the sales order has been created properly and then VL02n to ensure the delivery processing has been done properly in the PGI completed. To understand the situation better see the update termination documentation in SM13. But if there is any ABAP intervention in between, you need to see what is causing the error with the help of an abaper.

regards

sadhu kishore

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madav,

As per your message this is related to Run time error (System is going to Dump),It may be happening while saving the delivery document the update is not hapenning.

So you take help from ABAPer he will debug the program based on the runtime error then he will be able to solve.

It may related technical problem which is restricting to update the system.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Try checking the SM13 transaction for the reason for the termination error.

Let me know what SM13 says, then i might be able to help you to determine the reason behind the error.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Just Check the number range of the delivery Document type you are executing.

Generally If the number range gets exhausted then such errors occur...

regards,

SAP SD