cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I construct a application server in this way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We have a ECC 5.0 system which both with Application and Database are in one server.Using OS/400 and DB2 for now,I want to construct individual Application server link to central system.So I have two question about this.

First one,Can I use the oracle database for this individual Application server.

Second one,I cann't find the combination of mySAP2004unixdb2 ,If there was not the combination on ServiceMarket,how could I do? Can I order a CD material for free?

Thanks for advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

We have a ECC 5.0 system which both with Application and Database are in one server.Using OS/400 and DB2 for now,I want to construct individual Application server link to central system.So I have two question about this.

As the name says, the application server is that - and a database server is something different. Individual application server connect to the database server, they don´t have their own database.

Second one,I cann't find the combination of mySAP2004unixdb2 ,If there was not the combination on ServiceMarket,how could I do? Can I order a CD material for free?

First - get the terms right:

mySAP2004 is not existing - I think you mean ERP 2004

Unix? Unix is a generic term for various operating systems - what flavor do you mean?

DB2: There are various versions (DB2, DB4 (DB2 for iSeries) and DB6 (DB2 for Linux, Unix & Windows)

http://service.sap.com/pam lists all possible combinations.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here Application server, do u mean the dialog instance. If so no need for DB installation

Check this link for the Install guide

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004073122006E