cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I construct a application server in this way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to the SAP on DB2 UDB for i5/OS (DB4) forum..

hi,

We have a ECC 5.0 system which both with Application and Database are in one server.Using OS/400 and DB2 for now,I want to construct individual Application server link to central system.So I have two question about this.

First one,Can I use the oracle database for this individual Application server.

Second one,I cann't find the combination of mySAP2004unixdb2 ,If there was not the combination on ServiceMarket,how could I do? Can I order a CD material for free?

Thanks for advance.

Edited by: Johannes Heinrich on Mar 25, 2008 10:17 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) This is in the wrong forum, you should be in the "SAP on DB2 UDB for i5/OS (DB4)" forum.

b) If you read the SAP PAM you will see that you cannot do this at all, if you have a DB4 database the permitted

application servers are i5OS (OS/400), Windows and Linux on POWER. There is no support for UNIX application

servers, not even AIX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i already answered your query in following forum

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to have a database instance for building the application server,If you have DB2 as your database then you might require to install DB2 client on the application server.(not oracle).

2)Search under ERP2005

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for your reply.

But I still can't find any linkes for relating to DB2 client, could you provide the exactly address of Websit.

And Could I have combination of mySAP2004unixdb2 on the ServiceMarket.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DB2 Client can be found in the DB2 Installation master CD.

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/swdc ->SAP Installations & Upgrades->My Company's Application Components->SAP ERP->SAP ERP 2004->HP-UX->DB2 UDB

You can find all the relevent CD's from the above link.

Reward points if it was helpful.

Regards,

Sam