cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Approving two plan variants in an appropriation request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have created a variant 01 for appropriation request and approved it. I want to supplement the same appropriation request with a new budget. So , I created a new variant , and assigned it to a new plan version...But the problem here is I was unable to approve the new variant...The approval button is grayed out...Can anyone help me out please...Why the system is not letting me to approve the new plan variant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

variants are like quotations for perticular AR in investment projects.

No. of variants means having no. of quotations....

so you will create diff. variants & approve only best one.....

once you approve the one of the variant, you can not approve other one......

if you want to approve either one, both must be at CRTD stage....

I hope it will help you/ else explain your scenario....

regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

First, I would like to appreciate you for the way you explained about the variants approval.

Please let me know some basics about the appropriation requests. When I am testing a scenario, I do not create any variants. Is it necessaary for me to create variants before creating Projects under measures? Please explain the fundamentals of App Requests.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was an awesome explonation...I have rewarded the points.......Have another question....while rolling up the plan values...The system is rolling up the values in variants to the IM nodes , even though the variant was rejected or have a created status...Then what is the point of approving a quotation.

Edited by: steve williams on Mar 24, 2008 4:29 PM

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

as I said variants are like quotations, so you have to maintain it...........

in case of rolling up plan values you have to select respective status profile before rolling up respective variant version or variant version range....... (IM34)

1. approved status profile...

2. created status profile..

3. released status profile...... like that

- give both CRTD & APPRD versions in IM34... select status profile for approved & roll up

then check in IM36 ...

Regards,

Venkatesh

Answers (0)