cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: I am wondering if the SOA certification is worthed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

I am thinking of taking the SOA certification path.

Wondering if someone went this path and could share with me (and us) the benefits?

Merci !

Michel Osborne, A+

PS: http://www12.sap.com/americas/services/education/registration/coursereg/curriculum.epx?context=FFC76...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MendelKoerts
Explorer
0 Kudos

This really depends on your career plans. But since the profession of Architecture is getting more and more known in the SAP world, it can definitely turn out to be very beneficial. An SAP Enterprise Architect or a SAP Solution Architect must be familiar with all of the many facets of Architecting and this course path you refer to provides several of them. Like the SAP EAF. The development of the SAP EAF is a splendid example of the fact that SAP adopts Architecture as a profession. It is based on an open standard, TOGAF (www.opengroup.org/togaf).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Anil and Mendel for the very good informations

I am definitely going for it. I let you know the outcome!

A+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following is an excerpt from one of the factsheets, as per which all industries will prefer to use SOA eventually to grow in their business.

"Industry analyst firm Gartner estimates that by 2008, more than 60 percent of enterprises will use service-oriented architecture (SOA) as a guiding principle when creating essential software applications and business processes. SAP's approach to enterprise SOA goes beyond SOA fundamentals by supporting business requirements through the use of enterprise services. Enterprise service-oriented architecture (enterprise SOA) allows companies to quickly build and modify business processes to adapt to rapidly changing markets. With enterprise SOA, companies can unify stand-alone processes to quickly compose new end-to-end processes, selectively redesign existing processes and facilitate seamless process design and execution across company boundaries to take advantage of business partners' expertise. Enterprise SOA unleashes the untapped potential of existing business processes within and across company boundaries"

I would say, having certified by SAP as a SOA consultant definitely worthful and they are hot picks if you gain expertise in providing solutions to enterprises through SOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Enterprise SOA is a blueprint for an adaptable, flexible, and open IT architecture for developing services-based, enterprise-scale business solutions. With SAP NetWeaver as a technical foundation, enterprise SOA moves IT architectures to higher levels of adaptability – and moves companies closer to the vision of real-time enterprises by elevating Web services to an enterprise level.

An enterprise service is typically a series of Web services combined with business logic that can be accessed and used repeatedly to support a particular business process. Aggregating Web services into business-level enterprise services provides a more meaningful foundation for the task of automating enterprise-scale business scenarios.

Please go through this link.

http://webservices.sys-con.com/read/196679.htm

http://www.sap.com/platform/esoa/index.epx

I think this will be helpful for you.

Reward points if useful.

Cheers,

Swamy Kunche.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

Thank for your response !

Do you know if the SAP SOA architect certification is worthed ?

Merci !

MO A+