cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Disconnect From Database After Processing Each Message' JDBC Adapter???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What exactly does 'Disconnect From Database After Processing Each Message' do in Receiver JDBC adapter.

Also if I Uncheck the above parameter in the adapter, does that mean that there would be a permanent connection between Xi and database even if the interface is not running.

Also under what condition shall I keep it checked or unchecked.

Regards,

XIer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you check this indicator, the database connection will be released and reestablished after each interval poll. It means when your interface is not polling the connection is closed. If you are using high frequency of polls to database then its better to open the connection to database all the time so that it does not open and close for each poll. If the time difference between each is poll is high then you can use this option so that database connection is opened and closed during poll interval only.

Edited by: Guru on Mar 23, 2008 3:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru, I am using receiver adapter here not sender adapter.

Also u mean if I don't select it, there would be a permanent connection even if Interface is not running.

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xier:

I was also talking about the receiver JDBC adapter. The word 'poll' might have made you assume that I was thinking about sender. Sorry about confusion. What I meant was, if you are sending data to database via JDBC receiver very frequently then its feasible to uncheck the parameter so that connection is opened to database all the time. But if you have larger time interval between messages you send to database, then its good to open and close the connection ( by checking the parameter) so that database will not listen continuously at the connection there by reducing some burden.

Regarding the connection to database, As far as I know, it is same as connection to FTP. Internally XI system will have connection database like a network connection but when data needs to be transferred then XI tries to open a data port through which data needs to be send.

Answers (0)