cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a Subcontracting Scenario Part II

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I created a supply chain model to reflect subcontracting scenario. Here are the results as I ran SNP Heuristics.

1. I have a forecast demand at DC = 10.

2. Supplier gets a purchase requisitions.

3. In response Planned Order is generated and dependent demand is placed for components.

4. Purchase Requisition is created against DC for Component.

My question is why is it system not generating subcontracting purchase requisition. I was expecting a Subcon purchase requisition to be created a Supplier end for FGI.

Would it be that subcontracting purchase requisiton will be created in R/3 and then land in APO and APO would assign right ATP Category?

Regards

Najam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you confirm which planning book you are using, is it standard planning book for "Subcontracting", if not have you included "Subcontracting" key figure.

You will get Subcontracting Pur Req only after you have included the key figures for Subcontracting Demand and Receipt.

R/3 does not generate any Pur req for Subcontracting movement but reserves the stock as Stock to vendor which comes to APO in category 'CE'

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjog,

I am using standard subcontracting planning book. Could it be that I have my transportation lanes created between two plants [1002] with a manual Subcontracting TL.

Not sure.

Thank you.

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created transportation lane between plant as source and subcontracting location as destination with radio button for "Subcontracting checked, also please check that the return lane should be normal i.e. "Standard" lane.

Also in background run for location heuristiv, select the check box "include component,,,,"

Thanks,

Sanjog