cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC Parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)In content conversion what is the importance of "Key field name", I have seen in a blog (Content conversion (Pattern/random content in input file)).

2)In the same blog the field fixed length values are 2,5,5, below that there is "keyfieldvalue" which is 04 ,which i didnt understand.What is the importance of keyfieldvalue?

3) what is the importance of "process field name"? The value of this parameter in one particular blog is mentioned as 'from configuration'.

Please help me with the answers.

Regards,

suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)In content conversion what is the importance of "Key field name", I have seen in a blog (Content conversion (Pattern/random content in input file)).

The Key fields have the important role to inter-link the Header and detail level values with correspond to each other.

The relationship of header and detail values can be identified at runtime based on the Key field Names.

In the related blog, the key field is used as there is random pattern of details and at runtime it needs to co-relate with sub-sequent Header.

2)In the same blog the field fixed length values are 2,5,5, below that there is "keyfieldvalue" which is 04 ,which i didnt understand.What is the importance of keyfieldvalue?

Here in that blog.. field fixed length values are indicating the length of the 3 fields (bvalue1, bvalue2, bvalue3) and the keyfieldvalue = 04 allows to decide that if the value of key4 is 04 then that will come under heading tbatch in the pre-defined structure.

This is the way it should co-relate the sub-nodes with header one based on Key field.

3) what is the importance of "process field name"? The value of this parameter in one particular blog is mentioned as 'from configuration'.

Generally the values to be used at runtime from any particular field are indicated as process field name and its value will be taken from configuration time.

For e.g. while Accessing Adapter-Specific Attributes , this kind of parameters used.

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos