cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot download Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I purchased a NW Developer Subscription, and I need to download the Solution Manager to generate a hardware license key (11 characters). I login with my "S user" ID and attempt to download, but it says I do not have access to do this. Any ideas, or is there another way to get the hardware license key?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

as a subscriber you do not have to download solution manager. Subscription does host the Solution Manager for you and will provide you with the key.

There is also a forum available for Subscription members. Please read through the material you got from us to check how to get there.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Access in service market place(www.servic.sap.com) can be resticted in terms of authorization,so you might not have enough authorization for the downloads.Ask the super user to assign the same.

Solution Manager is absolutly required to generate the Installation/Upgrade Key.So you have to have a Solution manager instance in your system landsacpe.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I create a message under XX-SER-SAPSMP-USR to get authorization? I do not find a place to send a message in service.sap.com/user-admin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/ ->Help & Support ->Report a product error ->Select the system & select the component and send the message.

But there might be a super user for your installation who can assign authorizations for you.

Regards,

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I finally got setup as a Super Admin, but I still cannot find where or how to install Solution Manager. The previous place I was searching for I think was incorrect.

Can you provide the exact location and steps to download Solution Manager and install it? This was become an extremily time consuming research project, and I have't even install NW yet!

Thanks in advance for your expert assistance.

Regards,

John

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The software can be downloaded from the SAP Service Marketplace --> Downloads --> SAP Installations and Upgrades --> Entry by Application Group --> SAP Technology Components --> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER --> SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 4.0 --> Installation and Upgrade --> <Your OS> --> <Your DB>.

As far as the installation is concerned: service.sap.com/instguides --> SAP Solution Manager --> Release 4.0. Just select the right guide(s) for your OS/DB combination.

Hope this helps,

Henk.