cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transportation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai, can any body help me the difference between the transportation time and transportation lead time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sukumar,

Transit Time means how much time will take a goods container to reach the customer place.

Transportation lead time means how much time will take from arranging the vehicle to start the vehicle (Vehicle in time,loading time..) from the Company premisess.

I hope it will clear for you

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Transist Time specifies the total number of callender days required to transport the material from shipping point to Customer place.

Transist Lead Time specifies the total number of callender days required to arrange the shipment or vechicle to be transport the stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

TRANSIT TIME means the time taken to move the materials to the customer's site.

eg: IF the customer 's requested delivery date is on 27 th of March for a sales order it places on the 21st March 2008, the system carries out backward scheduling from the date of the requested delivery date. here transit time is 4 days and the loading time in the warehouse is one day.

The TRANSPORTATION LEAD TIME means the time taken to schedule the containers or shipping companies to move the materials.

it is one day, whichusually falls into the time taken for the material to become available

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

i have a clarification, is it transit time and transporation lead time. please confirm.

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is transist time only