cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Architect Associate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Which role is elegible to take the certification of "Enterprise architect Associate".

What are the roles and responsibilities of Enterprise Architect. The course contents deals with Overview of Netweaver and with SOA200.

Is this certification all about understanding the framework tools TOGAF and EAF(enterprise prise architecture framewors) Matrices,governance rules,Technical reference Models(TRM), I find it all technical jargon. what does and Enterprise Architect do in real time. what's his role in SOA implementations.

1)Does the Arcitect develops web services, and publishes them in the Service Registry?

2)I understand that he aligns Business and IT

but how does he do it?

3)Does he need to have the process modellin tools knowledge like ARIS (IDS sheer).

4)Does he work with WebDynPro ?

(I guess its used for designing UI for consuming webservices)

5)Does he need to have working knowledge of Developer studio?

6)Does he work with Visual Composer.?

If all this is to be done by him what is a developer going to do? I am a functional guy (CRM) and would like to understand what and Architect does in a SOA landscape.

Please throw some light on this.

regards,

Muralidhar Prasad Chatna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

You are exactly right in a way questioning the role and responsibilities of architects. However, we do need to remember that there are two architects involved in the development i.e., Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects

These are two different roles with clear line that separate them. Enterprise Architects outputs are definition of current and target architecture, list of time-lined projects, principles, standards and blueprints.

Those outputs are the inputs for Solution Architects. Solution Architects will be assigned to one or more of those time-lined projects. The solution architect should define the architecture for this project/s by following the principles, standards and blueprints defined by the enterprise architect.

Therefore the responsibility of the Enterprise Architect is to define all of the needed logical enterprise level services and to map them into a project that will implement them.

The Solution Architect is the guy that will decide how the defined logical service will be implemented (is it going to use composite service, call directly couple of technical services or direct call one technical service).

All the tasks that you had listed down, I guess will be done by Solution Architect rather than by EA.

By the way, this is excerpted from one of the articles that I read instead of providing you the entire story.

See if that makes sense.

thanks

Anil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MendelKoerts
Explorer
0 Kudos

An Enterprise Architect (EA) translates the strategic objectives and vision of an Enterprise into a realizable Blueprint for Business and IT change. Part of the job is is about planning future-state SAP environments and determining the transformation path. The EA plays a very important role in e.g. deciding whether to adopt eSOA in an Enterprise yes or no. And if so, to make sure the Enterprise develops the right capabilities to make the eSOA adoption succseful. It is a very senior role. Like there is a methodology for implementing (classical) SAP-solutions, ASAP, there is a methodology for developing an Enterprise Architecture as well, TOGAF (www.opengroup.org/togaf). TOGAF has been complemented with SOA and SAP specifics by SAP and Capgemini. That resulted in the SAP EAF.

To answer your further questions:

1: no

2: by applying SAP EAF

3: yes

4: no

5: no

6: no

Since you're a CRM guy image the following: you are asked to work out a Mobile Sales scenario. Product Data are centralised however, outside the SAP environment. The ECC back-end is optimally configured for Billing, but in a classical way (not services-based). The CFO is about to outsource parts of the financial administration and was warned about IT security matters and SAP-related disentanglement issues by the CIO. What's it going to be?

Odds are you started answering with 'Ah, but SAP CRM can do..'. Well, that would be the first pitfall.

Edited by: Mendel Koerts on Apr 7, 2008 12:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Please go through this links.

www.sap.com/about/press/press.epx?pressid=8433 - 37k

www.simplysap.com/sap-news/sap-articles/sap-introduces-enterprise-architect-certification.htm - 37k

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0da74aa-6f2e-2a10-6387-edbf382f...

news.saptechies.com/sap-introduces-enterprise-architect-certification-program-2/ - 36k -

www.sap.info/public/INT/int/index/Category-28893c613963f405e-int/-1/articlesVersions-30764715ca89ef8... - 33k

www.finanznachrichten.de/nachrichten-2007-10/artikel-9240288.asp - 32k -

www.crn.com/storage/205920583 - 31k -

I think this will be helpful for your reference. By that you can exactly find what's your requirement.

Cheers,

Swamy Kunche.

Reward points if useful.