Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship-to party not defined for sales area

former_member978618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am really confused while creating a sales order, I need your help.

My sales org. - 1083, distribution channel - CY, Division - CW.

When I enter va01, in the initial screen I enter the above details. Then it goes to the create sales order screen where I enter my customer details.

After that, I enter my material number and quantity, it is giving me an error ship-to-party not defined for sales area 1084 CY and ZO ( other division) instead of 1084 CY and CW.

Where did I mess up ?

Thanks,

-Chandru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

What is ship-to-party do you choose? Check Partner Function with VD02 --> Choose Customer want to set --> Choose Tab Sales Area Data --> and then add Partner Functions with SH (ship-to-party type).

Good luck!

Quang

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member978618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Got it.

Thank you all for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chandru

As you have created your ship to party in the sales area 1083 / CY/ CW . and you are trying to create the sales order with sales area

1084 / CY / ZO. which is not defined for that ship to party customer ,that is the reason it is giving error.

Now just create with XD01 with the same ship to party customer number but give the sales area which is not defined i.e., 1084 / CY

/ ZO. and create the customer with that sales area and now create sales order .

Note : That means you have extended you ship to party customer to two different sales areas.

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chandru

You are trying to create a sale order for the sales area 1084 (Sales Org), CY (Dis.Chnl) and ZO (Div) whereas your actual sales area is 1083 / CY / CW. Your ship to party is created for the sales area 1084 / CY / ZO and hence the problem.

So go to XD01, give the same ship to party customer code to whom you are creating the sale order and enter the sales area 1083 / CY / CW. Below this there is a tab "Copy". In that give the same ship to party code and sales area 1084 / CY / ZO and enter.

Now try to create a sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SPRO - SD - BASIC FUNCTIONS - PARTNER DETERMINATION Just check whther your partner function (SH) is assigned to your account group and also exists in the partner determination procedure.

Just try and maintain it there against your account group and against your sales document type in VOV8.

Also open your customer master for which you are trying to create this sales order. Just check whther in the partners tab , SH is shown? You can either use transaction BP or XD03.

Let me know, reward points if helpful.

Regards

Ravi