Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I assign role to root ORG level (Indirect role assignment )

0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I want to assgin role to root organization unit (O).

I tried to used PP02 and insert object O (root level O=organizational unit) and insert infotypes 1001 with relationship b007 for AG and then assign role then save. After that i ran PFUD. but i check role are not assign to all users. It did't work

Please advise

Thanks,

Farukh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Farukh,

You have done this correctly, but unfortunately PFUD (or it's background equivalent, PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY) does not automatically flow down to the subordinate orgs in your org plan. Therefore, it is not sufficient to assign the role at only the root org level, but you must assign it at every suborg as well in which there are users to whom you want this role assigned. There are some methods, such as using LSMW, which can make this task a little less onerous.

On the other hand, if someone else out there has an easy way to just assign the role at the root and have that assignment apply to all suborgs, I'd be happy to learn that!

Regards,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Farukh,

You have done this correctly, but unfortunately PFUD (or it's background equivalent, PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY) does not automatically flow down to the subordinate orgs in your org plan. Therefore, it is not sufficient to assign the role at only the root org level, but you must assign it at every suborg as well in which there are users to whom you want this role assigned. There are some methods, such as using LSMW, which can make this task a little less onerous.

On the other hand, if someone else out there has an easy way to just assign the role at the root and have that assignment apply to all suborgs, I'd be happy to learn that!

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. its helpful suggestion.

But I want to update evalalution path US_ACTGR table T77WA for role assigne indirectly more then one O level.

one O level is wokking but not more then one O level like chief organization level is not working.

Do you have any idea how to do it or how to update US_ACTGR.

Thanks,

Farukh

0 Kudos

Try adding the line O B 002 * O

to evaluation path US_ACTGR

0 Kudos

Have you tried assigning the role directly from PPOME?

Regards,

CP