cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESOA & Webdynpro for Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ESOA gurus,

I am working on Webdynpro for Java,Enterprise Portal.I would like to know how ESOA is related to me.

Going forward if i want to Work on ESOA what are the prerequistics.

Reward points will be awarded for suitable answer.

Thanks in Advance,

Lina.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

Please go through this link. I this will be helpful for you.

http://www.sercononline.com/suntechnovate07/images/images/13%20-%20Rajiv%20Jain%20-%20SAP.pdf

What is Enterprise SOA and Enterprise SOA?

SOA is an increasingly popular concept. But it never really took off, because there has been no standard middleware or application programming interfaces that would allow it to take root. There were attempts to build them, then Web services came along and gave it a boost. The Web services underlying architecture dovetails perfectly with the concept of Enterprise SOA —so much so, in fact, that some analysts and software makers believe that the future of Web services rests with Enterprise SOA. SAP came up with the startergic decision on coverting the Webservice methodolgy to Enterprise Services Methodology "Which would have business semantics attached as capability".

So how does EnterpriseEnterprise SOA differ from Web services?

Most Web services implementations are point-to-point, where you have an intimate knowledge of the platform to which you're connecting. The implementation is fairly solid and the interface doesn't really change,. That means that the Web service is not made available publicly on the network, and cannot be "discovered" — in a sense, it's hard-coded in the point-to-point connection. In an Enterprise SOA implementation, information about the Enterprise services and how to connect to it is published in a UDDI-built directory, and so that Enterprise service can be easily discovered and used in other applications and implementations.

Why use Enterprise SOA?

A number of factors are driving the move toward Enterprise SOA. Cost savings is one. If you can reuse services you've already built, then you don't have to spend as much time and money developing new applications. Another factor is the increasing success of Web services. As companies build more Web services, unless they have an overarching architecture. For example, what happens when one of those Web services has been incorporated into other applications, but then the Web service is changed without telling developers of those applications? An overall architecture needs to be built to make sure that doesn't happen. Perhaps most importantlyis that an Enterprise SOA "increases a business's flexibility and lets it more quickly adapt to changing business needs." Most Web services are being used primarily "to solve point-to-point integration problems." But these solutions "can't solve the larger integration problems in converting hundreds of systems" to an overall, single enterprise architecture. For that, SAP Enterprise SOA is needed.

But while the basic Web services architecture fits neatly into the Enterprise concept, there are still roadblocks to setting them up. Notable among them, Is security, identity management issues, and management problems — having software that will be able to track and manage hundreds or dozens of Web services and their development and deployment. SAP Software is just becoming available to do that. On the security side, the issues still haven't been solved.

Reward points if useful.

Cheers,

Swamy Kunche.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for the reply..

I have awarded points to everyone...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are interested for ESOA, it is very good. So in ESOA the base thing is Enterprise Service. First of all you need to achieve a clear idea about Enterprise Service ( How to configure the service, What is the difference between normal WS and ES, How to create your own service, How to consume the ES from different platform like this). Next you can get a clear idea about ESR (Enterprise Service Repository) I mean the container of ES.

This are the core things.

Now you need to gain the knowledge about the execution of those ES as per requirement. In this case you can use web dynpro for Java ( as you are already working on), Visual Composer (VC). As you are also familier with portal then If you try to achieve the the idea about CAF (Composite Application Framework) - Core and CAF - GP (Guided Procedure, it is based on NW Portal, that would be very good for you.

if you need more information please let me know.

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

With ESOA, Enterprise Services are just Web Services which you can consume by WebDynPro.

If you want to move towards ESOA,

You can provide implementation either through ABAP or JAVA.

If you want to define any Enterprise Service, you should have knowledge for ESR(Enterprise Services Repository).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piyush