cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating currency exchange rates

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SRM, table TCURR lists the currency exchange rates. When replicating the exchange rates from R/3 to SRM using program BBP_GET_EXRATE, it'll ask me for a logical system. However, when viewing TCURR, logical system information is not displayed.

Since my SRM system is connected to two R/3 systems, it seems that after replicating exchange rates from the second R/3 system, TCURR is replaced with rates from the second R/3 and rates from the first system have been overwritten. TCURR in SRM looks identical to TCURR in the second R/3 system and not the first R/3 system.

Is it so because it's assumed that exchange rates are universal and they should be the same regardless of which R/3 system they come from? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program BBP_GET_EXRATE is used to replicate the currency rates from the backend system to the SRM system. The currency table is TCURR, as you explained.

The reason why this program BBP_GET_EXRATE asks for the logical system is that, there could be more than backend system connected the SRM for business reasons. When you choose a logical system, the RFC destination of the logical system is found by the program and this RFC destination is used to call the function module 'SBIC_EXRATE_TRANSFER' in the respective R3 system. This function module will be in the respective backend system and gives the data of the TCURR table with it.

There will be a call to 'SBIC_CURRENCIES_TRANSFER' in the backend system based on the RFC destination determined.

The currency rates independent of the backend system should be the same as it is universal, so you can maintain only one currency conversion for a pair of currencies.

Please reward points if you find it useful. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I compare TCURR between the two production R/3 systems, I see some rates differ greatly...by 3-4 decimal points. For example, one conversion rate is 166.38600 in one system and 1.66386 in the other.

If they are supposed to be universal, why do they differ so much? Is there an process/job that should be running to keep these rates current/insync?

Points will be definitely rewarded.

Thanks much,

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there are any units related to this replication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kasee,

I'm not sure what you mean by units. Could you please explain?

Thanks,

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Transaction SPRO

-> SAP Web Application Server

-> General Settings

-> Currencies

-> Define Translation Ratios for currencies.

Here you define the ratios for currencies, like 1 USD dollar = INR 40

100 INR = USD 2.5

Try to map this settings to the values displayed in the TCURR table. Please let me know if you find this useful.