cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple directory locations in Sender File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where my single adapter needs to poll from 7 different directory locations. Is it posible to configure all seven sorce directory location in single sender file adapter.

Regards,

Xier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Self Resolution

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

>different directory locations.

No, ( To my Knowledge )

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes guys its possible, and i found out the solution.

check advanced selection for source file.

add any number of directory locations there and add file names as you would put at top for all different directory locations.

this can be used if its simple file to file scenario, without fcc and mapping. i.e no IR involved.

Xier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes XIer

We can do that, as you said,

check advanced selection for source file.
add any number of directory locations there and add file names as you would put at top for all different directory locations.

Even I did that. The only condition is that all the files should be of same structure or no IR involved.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I apologize for wrong information, actually I never tried but it's possible after seeing this.

Note:821267

11. File Sender: Processing Multiple Source Directories

Q: Can the File Sender Adapter be configured to poll multiple source directories from a single channel?

A: This functionality is available starting with XI 3.0 Support Package 14 as well as PI 7.0.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos
justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not possible to poll file from 7 different directories. Can you tell us your scenario, so that we can think of any other alternative options.

raj.