cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison of EAI tools with SAP-XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have worked with a few EAI-Tools like SeeBeyond, TIBCO etc but never with SAP-XI. So, would like to know the benefits of using SAP-XI over any of these tools or others like WBI-ICS, WLI, VITRIA etc. A few which I can think would be:

1. Support: SeeBEyond support is considered not that good, and SAP scales high on this category, also TIBCO.

2.User-Friendly(or Developer-Friendly): TIBCO is considered the best in this category compared to others like SeeBEyond etc

3.Connectors: SeeBeyond and TIBCO are similar in the number of connector they provide.

Similiarly, can anybody provide the features on which SAP scales above the rest(if any).

Thanx and Regards

Ravish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP XI we can monitor the messages from one end - to other end very flexible manner.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravish,

I have worked on TIBCO, webMethods and XI and i feel that webMethods is very easy to develop and deploy compared to all other tools and its easy drag and drop.

Since XI is very novice compared to webMethods and TIBCO it has improve a lot to make it very developer friendly. But ofcourse it takes time for any product to evolve and improve. So, I hope future versions of XI would be more developer friendly.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I won't consider XI is very user friendly. XI is powerful, but with better UI, it can be less time consuming for developments and configurations.

But I do think XI is the way to go especially when you want to complete ESA roadmap with SAP. XI will play a major role in ESA. It will provide ESR, ESB, business contents, better BPM, integrations with solution manager, and more. It's not there yet but the next couple releases will be very exciting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have idea or information when ESR and ESB will be available in IX. I look for any information either sap official or unofficial.

In case it will last long, I need to fill this gap with something else (BEA, WebMethods..,)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravish,

XI is also a very user friendly tool in which it has got Integration Repository where u can write powerful mappings programs and Configuration where u can define sender and receiver system.

SAP XI is the better tool if one of the system involved in ur landscape is SAP and that u r exchaning large amount of data through RFC or IDoc with SAP as it has got built-in adapters for IDoc and RFC.

Regards

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mmm, going through this very same issue now. We have a large disparate application estate and have traditionally used Seebeyond to provide EAI between these applications. The whole array of back office functions are in the process of being migrated to SAP and there is a view that SAP would be a good solution in many areas of the front office. The debate now is should we stick with the tried and tested Seebeyond solution or should we be looking to use XI for everything as the organisation becomes more SAP focused.