Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBWE TCode as Display in ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am BW developer and had a question regarding security. We are implementing BW and want to know whether we can make LBWE transaction in ECC6 as a display. As this helps us to do configuration for Logistics, we dont want any one to make changes to the extract structure and also datasource. If we can restrict it to display then how is it possible?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if this transaction can be made display only as there is no authority-check statement in the program. You can check with your ABAP team if there is any chance of appending authority-checks using any user exits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I am not sure if this transaction can be made display only as there is no authority-check statement in the program.

The program does however make several calls to function modules which have authority-check statements in them and the program can also react to the exceptions raised when the authority-check fails.

Whether restricting authorizations will achieve a display version of the transaction I don't know (there is a lot of functionality in there, including scheduling of background jobs), but there are authority-checks and other security mechanisms.

I think you will need to test it (also in combination with client and system settings, also known as "system closed" or "client closed" for customizing changes). The authorization-checks seemed to have a particular focus on deletion, from what I could tell.

As JAI mentioned, ask an ABAPer to take a look at it (also before you go for the user-exit option) to see what your options are.

Kind regards,

Julius