cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usr/local/saparch/archive and DART Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

We have /usr/local/saparch/archive FileSystem configured for DaRT. The FileSyste is 81% Full. I can

see there are DART Files existing from year 2005.

~

I have checked the transaction FTWP for ArchiveLink Configuration and this shows below settings:

~

Content Rep. P1

Description DVD-Archive DaRT

Document Area

Storage type

Protocol IX_OLEN1

Basic Path /usr/local/saparch/archive/

Phys. basicPath /usr/local/saparch/archive/

Archive Path /usr/local/saparch/provide/

Phys. arch.path /usr/local/saparch/provide/

~

Now I am checking the transaction FTWL and in that I can see for year 2004 ,2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008, there are few documents. Some of the documents are in Yellow and some of them are in green. I am not sure all these documents are pending for Archive or it is been extracted by user?

~

I was trying to check if there is any job which is scheduled in our SAP R/3 System to clear this entry in FTWL, but could not find it. Do anyone know what is the job to clear the stuck doucment in FTWL ?

~

Could you please help me to understand how this DART file got stored there from year 2005 and what needs

to be done to check the pending entry in FTWL and which job in SAP is reprocessing these entries if it

fails to archive for some reason.

~

Appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards

Basis CK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DART gurus,

Do you know if there is any way to automatically schedule DART extracts going to archive?

We have hundreds of DART extracts and now each of them need to manually be exported to archive (pressing "Export to archive" in FTWL).

Best Regards,

JV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For DART files, the "green" indicator means the files have not been sent to your content repository. To export these files, select the relevant DART run from within FTWL and click on Export to archive button.

The "yellow" indicator means the files have been successfully exported to the archive already. If there are failed or "stuck" files, you would see a red X and/or within the DART info, you would see 9999 in a red box within the Export to archive information.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

Thanks a ton for the reply. The documents in green are very high numbers and it is not feasiable to select the document and say "export to archive". I guess there is one job in SAP which takes care of these green legend document in FTWL.

Could you please be so kind and help to get that job name and it's variant to run in SAP R/3 system to clear all the documents in green ?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Best Regards,

Basis CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

The job name for the DART export program is EXP_RTXWLOG2. And, you should be able to export all of the files even though you have a high number of files. The job splits up and creates a step per each file (program name RTXWLGEX). So, for example, your DART run contains 29 files (that is an actual example from one of my DART runs) and you click on Export to archive, the job will have 29 steps and send the files one at a time (single thread) to your content repository.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you have suggested, I have taken one document from Year 2004 and clicked on "Export to Archive". This has created job "EXP_RTXWLOG2" and this has completed successfully. Is there any way we can schedule this job and it takes care of the document in green without clicking on "Export to Archive" or we have to do this way only.

Now my question is what is the reason to stuck this document in FTWL in "Green" status? I can see the document in green for year 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008.

I am also worried if this documents have been "Retrieved" from Archive and the same is showing in the /usr/local/archive directory ? if that is the case it should not be duplicated again, right ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks a ton

Best Regards,

Basis CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also further to my post above,one more observation:

~

For year 2004, I could find following files in /usr/local/saparch/archive directory.

-rw-rw---- 1 pr1adm bin 33701253 Apr 25 2006 DART.9820.2004.12.01

-rw-rw---- 1 pr1adm bin 562 Apr 25 2006 DART.9820.2004.12.01_DR

~

Then from FTWL I have selected this file and said "Export to archive". The job completed successfully and immediately it got deleted from filesystem /usr/local/saparch/archive.

~

ls -lt DART.9820.2004*

No match

~

So does it means /usr/local/saparch/archive is the directory where it creates the DaRT files and then it process and put it in Archive ? If yes, then why some of the document got stuck. Do we need to check daily and process the stuck files in FTWL ?

We have IXOS archive system and we burn the DVDs for the DaRT Archive.

~

Now we have document from 2004, should I process it for 4 years old document also ?

~

Appreciate your help.

Thanks a ton.

Best Regards,

Basis CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Let's see if I can answer your questions:

To verify the directory/filesystem where the DART files get written:

The path displayed within the details of the extract log (/nFTWL) should match the configuration in /nFTWP -> File directories tab, and double click on the relevant Directory set.

So check to see if your Directory set is configured for /usr/local/saparch/archive.

I am not sure what you mean by files that are stuck. If you are seeing DART files in the directory that have already been successfully exported, then, they were probably re-imported in order to run queries from them. If that is the case, you should ensure that you have a stored version of the file that can be retrieved if necessary, and then, you can manually delete the copy that is sitting in the filesystem.

To see if a file has been imported, display the extract log and look at the section titled Archviing information:

There is a section that displays the date and time of when the file was exported and if it has been imported, the date and timestamp would also be displayed. You can compare the import date and time stamp to the files in the filesystem.

I would just recommend making sure the relevant DVD is still accessible in IXOS before deleting any files in the filesystem.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson