cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES Explorer for .NET.................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As we have ES Explorer for .NET, to view the enterprise services of SAP(Netweaver) from MICROSOFT(.Net).

[ES Explorer for .NET|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0319dc4-d76d-2a10-d19f-e4f4ff315bde]

Do we have such kind of some add-on which can be useful to view services vice versa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please clarify your question ?

If you mean to look for .NET services using the SR, the answer will be that ESE 1.1 (currently under development) will enable .NET services to be published on SAP SR, and than it can be found using the SR.

SAP NetWeaver products have connectors to WebServices (not only to SAP WebServices), can be defined on the NWA (NetWeaver Administration).

Regards,

Nadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadav,

Let me first detail my query........

I want to basically know more about SAP & .NET interoperability , as in BEA has its own product known as ALER(Aqualogic Enterprise Repository) more or less similar to SAP's Service Registry.

As we configure Service Registry and ESR in our NWDS CE 7.1 .

<Windows->preferences->webservices....>

so can we configure ALER as service registry instead of our service registry..........

or do we presently have some add-on kind of product available so as to provide the needful ???

Thanks in Advance,

sheetal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

The ESE for .NET is working only against SAP SR since it is using one of its services as the API to Search & Browse for eSOA services.

ESE can't be configured to work against other "categorize" system, all it business logic is correlated to SAP SR.

I think the solution in your case to use ESE for .NET is to publish the other services you have on other systems to SAP SR and then it can be discovered by the ESE.

Hope this information was helpful for you, if you need anything more keep writing to me

Regards,

Nadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadav,

Thanks for your prompt response.

As of now, we have configured ESE for .NET and are able to publish services from .NET to our (SAP's) service registry.

But goin this way enforces us to individually publish each and every service from .NET into our registry.

Instead if there was some add-on which would have enabled us to configure the whole .NET registry with SAP would have been gr8.

Newayz....would like to know more about ESE 1.1 ??

will that inculcate above given requirement ??

would like to hear from you............

Thanks in Advance,

Sheetal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

ESE 1.1 will add the capability to publish .NET Services and add the needed metadata (Classifications, Description, etc.) to SAP's SR from Visual Studio Environment.

This solution is giving the answer for the Development scenario , publishing the services one in a time.

The Production scenario (publish of more than 1 service, and probably not from VS) is still under discussions.

Your requirement from the "field" is really helping us to understand better the needs, i will be happy to inform you with more details when i know more.

Regards,

Nadav