data and cofiles....

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii all ,

I have a Query regarding data and cofiles.actually we have

requests in SE03 right ..now if at all I choose these any one

of these request to transport ..I am able to release them but

after that I am not able to understand what next.....???

ok I even want to know how are data and cofiles generated

regarding a request.how can we create them in

usr\sap\trans ....I observed only when data and cofiles

regarding requests are there in the file system we can import

them in the STMS level.

also any other information regarding requests let it be a basic

thing plz do share ..

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever a transport request get released it generates two files automatically at the OS level,ie at the transport directory normally /usr/sap/trans.These two files are called cofiles & datafiles and it gets generated at /usr/sap/trans/cofiles & /usr/sap/trans/data respectivley.Cofiles are the control files and data is the actual data file.

You can execute the transports only when you have these datafiles & cofiles available at your tarnsport directory.

If you want to do the transport in other systems,you have to copy these files to the transport directory of the target system or also you can share the same transport directory across different systems.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can release transports then Basis has already set up STMS for you and you should go into transaction STMS and look in the queues for your QA system and press refresh in there and you should see transports ready to run in... if not see a skilled STMS Basis person. This is not an simple questions to answer here, there is a lot of good information in the online help.

As for data and cofiles, they are physically created by program R3Trans on export automatically. In the old days it was done manually but there is little need to do this nowadays.