Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the password for the user administrator isn't working

Former Member
0 Kudos

EP NW2004 SP17

Unix/Solaris

Oracle 9i

I changed the password for the user Administrator in the configtool -> Secure Storage -> admin/password/<SID> from initial to welcome and saved my entries. I noticed on the file system that the encrypted password has changed and the time stamp on the file SecStore.properties has been updated. I restarted the portal, yet when I log in as administrator to the portal/visual admin, the new password isn’t valid. The old one still is. Any ideas?

-- Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

Change of password is not done via configtool. Configtool secure store just stores the current password which is taken by SDM during the deployment.

To change the password of the administrator user, you will need to enable SAP*. Please follow note Note 669848.

---

1. open the configtool: C:\usr\sap\<InstenceID>\JC<xx>\j2ee\configtool --> configtool.bat

ex: C:\usr\sap\J9E\JC09\j2ee\configtool ---> configtool

2. Activate the "super admin" and enter password(this is your choice) in configtool properties:

In Config tool: cluster-data>Global Server configuration>services--> com.sap.security.core.ume.service

find below ume properties and change values as i mentioned

ume.superadmin.activated=TRUE

ume.superadmin.password= < enter password>

3. Save the changes in configtool. click on Save button.

4. Stop the j2ee engine.

5. Start the j2ee engine.

6. Now you login to UME with username "SAP*" and password "what you entered in configtool"

7. After logging into UME Search for user "administrator" then unlock this user; or if you want to change password you can change it.

8. Goto config tool follow step 1:

9. Follow step2: and change ume property values as below:

ume.superadmin.activated=FALSE

ume.superadmin.password= (note: seta as default or blank)

10. Save the change setting in configtool.

11. Restart the j2ee engine ( Stop and Start).

12. Now login to user as "Administrator"; you will succussfully loging into ume;

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Snehal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't understand the password functionality of the password on the file system. To change the password of the administration user you must change it in the UME (DB). The filesystem repository is used by SDM and JSPM.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

It works like this.

SDM runs as a separate server fropm J2EE server. You can see this in SAP MMC.

To use SDM you have to login with SDM password. (SDM has only one builtin user, so you don't need a user name.)

Then to perform deployment, SDM needs to login to the J2EE server with proper user and password.

SDM reads these from the Secure Store.

So it is important to keep J2EE credentials in UME and in Secure Store in sync.

Otherwise SDM will be unable to login to the J2EE server and deployment will fail.

This is a well-known situation and it is addressed in note 701654.

P.S.

JSPM is introduced in NW2004s and since then it is the official tool for applying Java Support Packages.

In NW2004s JSPM uses SDM for the deployment under the hood. That's why JSPM asks for SDM password.

Best regards,

Petar

JSPM