Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair order/Service Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear fnds,

Iam new for Customer Service.....

What is the Main Dufference of Repair order and Service Order.....

When it will have to Raise by the User...

Please Explain Me brief...i gone thr Help.sap....just explain me General terminology...

Thanks in Advcne

Regards

Luckky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Don't confuse between repair order and service order. Repair order is a normal sales order with order type as RAS. Through repair order we can bring back the equipment (material) to our plant then repair it and deliver it to the customer.

When you repair any equipment there are some kind of cost occurs, like components used for repair, labour charges etc...

Service order will be used to capture the cost and components.. etc... it determines it is an internal service or external... etc... You can use resource related billing to generate a debit memo request from the service order for the actual cost occured during the service. Create a debit memo against the debit memo request.

This is the normal flow... feel free to ask clarifications.. if any.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Can you pl. send me some detailed configuration document for this Resource related billing. I have done all the settings but system is giving error as " No expenditure item found".

Pl. send the document on avinashpatil007@gmail.com

Thanks;

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reiar Order is in SD i.e RAS is std (Look in VOV8)...we raise this direct or via Service notification (If customer calls for repair then rasie Serv Notification - IW51 - Type S4 for Repairs) from action box in Serv notification raise the Repair order.... and from this repair order we take inward delv of item to be repaired.

Now when material comes to Work centre ... Checking is perfomred for what repairs to be done ... nowfrom this repair order we raise a service order where v record all the Service times of work men and material used and we rasie a biling request via DP90 from this service order so that we calculate all cost involved - men and material both ..

now in VF01 we bill this bill request....

Hope u understood the flow of bussiness process

so in breif - repair order to take inward del in SD and service order to record all times consumed for workers and also material consumed for repair which r to be billed.

Reward if helpful

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Sales document for recording all the business processes that are involved in processing faulty goods that a customer sends in for repair.

The following information is recorded in the repair request item:

Material number of the Service Product

Material number of the Serviceable material

Costs

Stock information

Configuration data

The repair procedure which the system uses to determine which actions it needs to generate for the repair request item

Actions that have to be performed in order to fulfill the customer repair request.

The Repair Procedure that is assigned to the repair request item determines which actions are required.

Short-term agreement between service provider and service recipient, in which one-time services are ordered by the service recipient and resource-related billing performed upon completion.

A service order contains the following data groups:

Header data

Location and account assignment data

Object data

Settlement data

Operation data

Component data

Use

The service order is used to document service and customer service work. In particular, you can use the service order to:

Plan services specifically with regard to usage of material, utilities and personnel.

Monitor the execution of services.

Enter and settle the costs which arise from the services.

The data for the service order is entered in the history and is important for evaluations and future planning.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When the customer returns the material under repair, a repair order or a service order is created against a notification. before saving the service order, the details needs to be entered wrt vendor , work center, serial number etc. On saving the service order, a PR gets generated and the material is sent to the vendor for repair.

Regards