Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with same R/3 system ID - Client in XI landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

<b>WHAT:</b>

We are experiencing a serious problem in our XI landscape.

The source of the problem is due to different SAP systems within the same landscape which have the same system ID and client nr. Our customer has divided its business into internal companies which use different SAP boxes/instances but share the same XI environment.

<b>HOW:</b>

All systems have been defined in SLD as technical and business systems. This is an example how it looks like in SLD:

DEV on business-system1; client 200

DEV on business-system2; client 200

PRD on business-system5; client 400

PRD on business-system6; client 400

<b>WHEN:</b>

When we try to add a second business system/service (in the integration-builder directory) with the same combination of System ID (i.e. DEV) and client nr. (e.g. 200), XI does not allow you to activate this second system.

The error message we get; There's already another system configured in the directory with this same combination of system ID + client.

Is this behavior normal? Why is the integration-builder/directory looking at the technical details of the configured systems in SLD?

Is this a feature or a bug?

Please send me any feedback or some clues how to figure out what's going on here, tnx all.

Rob.

Message was edited by: Roberto Viana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This BS system attributes are more meaningful only incase of idoc scenarios and otherwise they are almost just the conceptual definitions.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically we can have only one BS as the attributes are same but installed on different TS?Is there any specific need that you want two BS?Can you tell wether having one BS will cause any problem for your interfaces?If not,Have one BS and that should be fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Basically we can have only one BS as the attributes

> are same but installed on different TS?Is there any

> specific need that you want two BS?Can you tell

> wether having one BS will cause any problem for your

> interfaces?If not,Have one BS and that should be fine.

Sravya,

Actually that's the situation we have now; we have two different BS (in this case with the same attributes: SYSTEM ID=DEV and CLIENT=200.) installed on top of two different TS's. This configuration is not accepted by the Directory in the configuration builder. As I said before when you try to add the second BS with the same attributes, XI generates an error that does not allow you to activate the change list.

So these two BS's have to be configured in SLD as different BS's, otherwise XI would not be able to correctly do the technical routing.

What I dont understand is why is XI looking at technical data from this systems at configuration time ? As far I know at configuration time XI is only suppose to work with data declared in the business system information and not at technical details like system ID's and client numbers. These kind of information belongs to the SLD layer and not at configuration level.

<i>Please correct me if Im wrong, tnx.</i>

R.

Message was edited by: Roberto Viana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

i suppose XI is looking at this data to ensure unique routing. E.g. if you would need to send one IDoc to system DEV 100 and now there are two systems with DEV and 100, XI would not be able to send that, as IDoc Ports are called like <SID>_<CLNT>, so both would be DEV_100, what would not work because of DB constraints etc. And i'm quite sure that there are other situations where the same system names could lead to problems.

From my understanding there is no way to solve this situation right now, so i would discuss this with SAP as it is not uncommon for a client to be divided into several independent legal entities which could have the same system IDs for different systems. This happens especially if a customer has an own IT services unit offering services maybe not only internally but also to external customers which could have the same SIDs, so SAP has to find a solution for that. Maybe they can add something like a "Domain" where one SID would be unique within a "Domain" and not completely within XI.

Best regards

Christine

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your business system 1 is on one SAP instance and business system 2 is on another SAP instance.In that case create two technical systems with a different name and try assigning the business system to the TS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have tried that (i.e. assign different TS names to the systems) but it does not work. XI compares the values of System ID (i.e. DEV) and client numbers. And yes with system ID I mean the same system ID you use in the SAP Logon GUI.

Any other ideas?

Thnks,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

How can you have two different technical systems with the same system ID and Client Number? When you are referring to the System ID are you referring to system ID that you have configured on your SAP Logon pad.

Regards,

Ravi