cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material as "Text Matter" while creating service order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Issue is regarding entering Material as "Text Matter" while creating service order.

As of now I have maintained a service material XXXXX with material type as DIEN, and item category type as LEIS. Which in turn entered as material while creating service order, able to create service order and service billing too.

However, Client wanted to enter material as text matter.

How to maintain this, may i know how to enter this data.

i/p's will be of great help and rewarded too.

With regards,

Vijayashree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayashree,

-->You create Material master for that Material Text Matter with NLAG itemctagory group.

-->You create BOM with the combination of Service material and text material.

-->Define the Usage as TEXT

Path IMG>Sales and distribution>Sales>Sales documents>Sales documents item--> Define itemcategory usage.

-->Define the itemcategory for the Text item in the transaction VOV7.

-->Determine itemcategory like this combination

Sales document typeItemcategory groupUsage(Text)+higher level item category-->Text item itemcategory.

Transaction VOV4.

-->Now you create sales order text material will come along with the service material.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth & Murali,

Thank you for the response, but unable to map it.

My requirement is to enter text in material field, normally v enter material no. created in Material master.

Whereas, in my case i need to enter text for eg., Services for Tooling, Service on filing etc., in material field.

Is this possible to map, ie., to enter text in Sales Order as we do in Purchase Order.

with rgds,

Vijayashree

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayashree,

I think you can't enter simply Text in the sales order Material field with out maintaining Master data.

You can create Master data with that discription.

you can keep it as text item what is the problem.

If you don't want to maintain the master data you can try with the text determination.

But you will not enter as Item , only Matter you can able to enter in the text tab of the Sales order.

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.T on Mar 21, 2008 9:14 AM

Edited by: Murali Mohan.T on Mar 21, 2008 9:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Item-specific texts refer to the document items to which they are assigned. You can maintain a separate text for each document item.

The material sales text is an important item text, as it describes the material in more detail.

In the standard version of the SAP System, it is copied automatically from a reference document or a sales and distribution text. As with all item texts, the material sales text can also be entered directly in the sales and distribution document via the material master change view.

regards,

Siddharth.