Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

movement type for goods issue in intercompany STO business scenario

former_member294729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone,

In intercompany STO scenario, firstly we should create a purchase order with a transfer order type just like as UB,

then we use T-code: VL10B to create the delivery note by referencing the purchase order created in first step, in succession, billing, goods reciept.

Actually I have a question about the movement type in goods issue process. The standard is 643 deliveried by SAP.

Can I customize the movement type in intercompany STO business scenario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can change the movement type for STO...

Movement type for STO is taken from the schedule line category... you change the movement type as per your requirement in schedule line category... T Code : VOV6

I will give you the shedule line category determination

1. shedule line category is determined on the basis of Item category (Order) + MRP type (T Code : VOV5)

2. For STO there is no Sales order processing.. So the order item category is taken same as delivery item category

3. Delivery item category = Delivery type + Item category group + usage + Higher level item category..... T Code : 0184

Here usage is Purchase order

Reward if helpful

Muthu

Edited by: Muthupandiyan on Mar 21, 2008 11:46 AM

former_member294729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,Muthu

thank you for your input.

I know that movement type is determined by schedule line category, but you know in STO there is no sales order, just stock transfer order.

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes there is no sales order... i will tell you how the system pickups the Schedule line category for the movement type...

1. Delivery type is triggered from STO... We are assigning it to PO type and Shipping plant..

2. Delivery item category = Delivery type + Item category group + usage + Higher level item category.....

T Code : 0184 and 0VLP..... Here usage is Purchase order...

from this formula delivery item category will be determined...

3. The system already configured the same item category in sales also... VOV7

4. From this item category the system determines the schedule line category

shedule line category = Item category + MRP type (T Code : VOV5)

5. Finally T Code : VOV6... movement type is defined for that schedule line category ....

I have checked these settings.... by changing the movement types... its working fine

Muthu

Edited by: Muthupandiyan on Mar 21, 2008 12:07 PM

Edited by: Muthupandiyan on Mar 21, 2008 12:08 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

this post is very helpful also for me, but somebody can tell me the transactions I can use in order to manage the 642 movement (reversal of delivery) after the 102?

Thank you

Regards

matteo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The following are the scenarios of cross plant goods movements:

Alternate plant procurement of purchased items

Alternate plant production

Plant-to-plant goods transfer of grouped project stock

Stock transfer without reference to a stock transfer order (STO)

1 Step – 301

1 Step reversal – 302

Stock transfer with reference to an STO in the receiving plant without SD

2 Steps - 351 and 101

2 Steps reversal – 102 and 352

Stock transfer with reference to an STO in the receiving plant with SD delivery

2 Steps – 641 and 101

2 Steps reversal – 102 and 642

1 Step – 647

1 Step reversal – 648

Movement Type & Description

301 / 302

Goods receipt into production order in another plant. This is a one-step, cross-plant stock transfer. This movement type does not use STOs but behaves like a goods receipt of stock, except that the stock comes from another plant into the current plant. Movement 302 is the reverse of 301.

351 / 352

Stock transfer that is in transit between two plants. This is a two–step, cross-plant stock transfer, because after movement 351, you do not immediately see the stock in the receiving plant. After movement 351, the stock is in transit between the two plants. Only after you have performed a goods receipt (movement 101/102)of this ”in-transit” stock into the receiving plant can you see this stock in the receiving plant. Movement 352 is the reverse of 351.

641 / 642

Stock transfer that is in transit between two plants, with delivery documents (Sales and Distribution). This is a two-step, cross-plant transfer of stock, because after movement 641, you do not immediately see the stock in the receiving plant. After movement 641, the stock is in transit between the two plants. Only after you have performed a goods receipt (movement 101/102 ) of this ”in-transit” stock into the receiving plant can you see this stock in the receiving plant. Movement 642 is the reverse of 641.

647 / 648

Stock transfer to another plant, with delivery documents (Sales and Distribution), with STO. This is a one-step, cross-plant stock transfer because after movement 647, you cannot immediately see the stock in the receiving plant. The stock is never in transit with this movement type, but the stock is transferred with reference to an STO with Sales and Distribution documents. Movement 648 is the reverse of 647.

regards,

Siddharth