cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

helloo frnds I need a material to be automatically substituted by another material in the sales order.....that is when i type A in the material list it should give me B automatically or atleast give me a warning mess..........i knw tat iti is to be done through VB11...but i am not getting any results in sales orderr plss asssist

Regards

Maddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Mat. Det. conf. is as under

SPRO

Logistics

Sales and Distribution

Master Data

Products

Material Determination

VB11 – Create.

Enter the determination type A001 (Material Entered).

Material Entered: - Here enter the original material which has to be substituted.

Material: - Enter the material with which we want to substitute the main material.

Reason for Substitution: - specifies the reason why the system automatically carried out material substitution.

To enter multiple materials as substitution select the icon alternative materials.

This concept is based on condition technique.

SPRO

Sales and Distribution

Basic Functions

Material Determination

Maintain prerequisites for material determination

Create condition tables OV16

Maintain access sequences

Define condition types

Maintain procedure

SPRO

Sales and Distribution

Basic Functions

Material Determination

Assign procedures to sales document types OV14

Defining the reason for substitution: -

SPRO

Sales and Distribution

Basic Functions

Material Determination

Define substitution reasons OVRQ

Go to new entries and define

Substitution reason: - Specify the substitution reason 0001

Description: - Advertising campaign

Entry: - If we check this field the system prints the name or number of the original material on the corresponding output.

Warning: - If we check this field the system displays a warning message before substituting the material.

Strategy: - Controls whether the product selection should occur automatically in the background or whether the alternative materials should be offered for a selection in dialog box.

Out come: - Controls whether the out come of product selection should replace the original entry or whether it should be recorded as a sub item of the original entry.

plz assign it to the relavant sales doc. type

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnk u guys for ur time............on doing all the things u have suggested ......sales order is picking up material B but also retaining Mat A.????????----

material B is greyed out material A is not

Regards

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guys issue resolved both are gettin displayed in sales order but in del A is greyed out with pick qty 0 and in B it allows input of the same..................i guess my issue is resolved thank u soo much ..i will distribute the points to u guys

Regards

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

as already said in my post use the "Outcome" field. while configuring ur mat. determination if u dont wanna see the original mat.

it will helps as:

Out come: - Controls whether the out come of product selection should replace the original entry or whether it should be recorded as a sub item of the original entry.

Reward if helps

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend ,

The entire Control rests on the reason as told you earlier .....

Try with the reasons 005/0r 003 ...

It will definately work...

regards,

SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frnds one last qs ....where can i find the OUTCOME FIELD ..i am unable to locate it plss do assist

Regards

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you Mean by the outcome feild ? Explain more....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maddy,

if u go to t-code OVRQ u will see that field.

This is where we do the customization of Subs. Reasons.

Do F1 u will get the inf.n also u can read my earlier post in thsi thread.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want the sales order to only display the new material and not the old one as well.............Mr sudeep in his post above has mentioned that this can be controlled by the Outcome field which i cant locate

Regards

Madan SHetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

got it Mr Sudeep thank u

Regards

Maddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maddy,

Pls assign the Material Determination procedure to your document type and execute the sales order.

The path is SD-> Basic Functions-> Material dtermination.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend ,

GO to Material determination VB11 and give the Material you want to swap in the left hand side and the new material in the right hand side.

The proposed reason to be 0004 Auto. matic material selection.

Hope your problem will be solved.

regards,

SAP SD