cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To schedule multiple planned orders simultaneously and then sequentially

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation where i need to plan 2 FGs (the pair always has to be scheduled together) parallelly on a resource whereas sometimes there is only 1 FG which needs to be planned on the same resource.

__Example_:_

Lets say if i have 4 products A,B,C and D where A and B are manufactured together the other two are manufactured individually, where the resource (say R) for all 4 is the same. So i need to have the PPDS Planned orders of A and B to scheduled at the same time on the resource R followed by C and then D.

If i am keeping the resource R as single mix then it does not allow the scheduling of A and B simultaneously, and if I keep it as a multi mix resource it schedule C and D also parallely which is an impossible scenario as per the business process.

Need help on the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Manoj Narain

Edited by: Manoj Narain on Mar 21, 2008 10:25 AM

Edited by: Manoj Narain on Mar 21, 2008 10:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This sounds like some combination of Multiple-Output Planning and Block Planning, but I guess you dont have a PPDS PPM that can produce A & B as co-products simultaneously. Did you explore MOP and BP at all for this in SAP help and in this forum? You also mention that sometimes only 1 FG needs be produced sometimes. Hence I would create Alternative PPMs with lower priority that is not configured for MOP. This way you can possibly achieve the objective of producing together as much as possible.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed, that can be done ... but the products which can be manufactured parallely are in pairs. (e.g. right hand door and left hand door of a car) they have to scheduled parallely in these pairs only. how do we maintain that dependancy?

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

We have PPDS PPMs. All the FGs have their PPDS PPMs, and some of these are manufactures parallely and rest are manufactures sequentially. My problem is hor to do schedule the production planned orders for the parallely manufactures FGs and the schedule the rest sequentially on the same resource. which means i need parallel capacity of 2 sometimes (parallely processed) and capacity of 1 for the rest.

Hope that clarifies my question.

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you not model the PPM's with parallel activities for the items you need to schedule sequentially (by themselves). Your resource can have two capacities in multi-mixed mode and the two parallel activities would therefore require both modes to be free at the same time, in other words you can only plan in these products when there is no other order planned on the resource.

Your items that can be scheduled together can therefore just have the one activity that only needs 1 mode of the resource to be free so these can be scheduled together.

Regards

Ian