cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Software Component

Former Member

HI

Can anyone give the steps to down load the Software Component Version from SLD to Integration Builder

Thanks

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Please follow below steps assuming that the Software component is properly created in SLD.

1. open Integration Repository (IR)

2. Goto ---> Tools -

> Trasfer SWCV from SLD

3. Select the Software Component from the pop-up list

4. Press Import

5. It will import the software component in IR

6. Save it and activate.

7. If its for SAP system then give RFC details in SWC

8. Create Namespace in it and save and activate

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9c/7a973ca83a4601e10000000a114084/content.htm

Now it will be ready for further Development.

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Mar 21, 2008 2:43 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189440
Participant

Scenario

Suppose, you want to transfer a FLAT file (some user-defined format eg: Comma Delimiter format) from one system (Sender) to another system (Receiver) and also converting from one FLAT format to another FLAT format then you will use XI as an integration tool between the two systems.

Interface Diagram

Step by Step Solution

Step 1: Login into XI

u00B7 Login into the SAP XI server using the logon pad.

u00B7 Type "sxmb_ifr" transaction code to launch the Integration Builder.

u00B7 Page will popup showing the first screen of the integration Builder which looks similar to this.

Step 2: System Landscape Directory

u00B7 Click on the "System Landscape Directory" link.

u00B7 This will open up the first screen of the SLD (System Landscape Directory). Here we are going to define our Product, Software Component, Technical System and Business System.

Step 3: System Landscape Directory - Define a Product

u00B7 First step is to define a Product. For that, click on "Software Catalog" link.

u00B7 Click on "New Product" Button to create a Product.

u00B7 Now define the Product as per the inputs and click on "Create" button.

u00B7 Can you see this message on your page when u clicked "Create" button. [Keep an eye on such kind of messages on top of the page]

u00B7 If yes then Great. Congratulations! You have created a Product successfully.

Step 4: System Landscape Directory - Define a Software Component

Next step is to create a Software Component. To make the life easier XI automatically takes u to the Software Component page and by default it will select the Product that you have created.

u00B7 Now define the Software Component as per the inputs and click on "Create" button.

u00B7 Fine! You are done with Product and Software Component. If you see this screen then lets go back to main SLD screen as we have created the product and software component successfully. To go back to the main SLD screen click on "Home" Link on the top of the page.

Step 5: System Landscape Directory - Define Technical System

Now we need to define two Technical Systems (One for Sender and another for Receiver).

u00B7 Click on "Technical Landscape" from the SLD main page.

u00B7 When the page opens up select the "Third-Party" from the Technical System Type drop-down and press on the "New Technical System" button.

u00B7 A page will pop-up asking for details of creating a Technical System.

u00B7 Click on "Next>" button and then Fill all the values and then click on "Next>" again.

Your next screen will ask you where is your product? Just search in the box or select it from the list and when it is listed just double click it or select it and say "Add".

Points to be noted before pressing Finish:

- Check that your Product is listed in the "Selected Products box"

- In the Components is your Software Component is selected. It should be selected as per the figure shown below.

Checklist done! Okay enough reading click on "Finish" now.

Are you with me? - Just nod

Can you see this:

AND

u00B7

If Yes Great! We are on the same track then. Let's move ahead.

u00B7 Now, I think you are intelligent enough to create one more Technical System. Just go back to the SLD Main Screen - This is can be done by clicking on "Home" link on the top.

u00B7 When you reach to the SLD main screen click on Technical System again to create the Receiver Technical System. Follow the steps as per used earlier in order to create the Sender Technical system.

u00B7 Don't forget to select correct Product and Software Component from the list displayed.

u00B7 This is what I can see what about u?

AND

Okay we have done with the Technical Systems and now we are going to create Business Systems. Go back to the SLD Home Page - Don't ask me how now it's shown in the top

Step 6: System Landscape Directory - Define Business System

u00B7 Click on the "Business Landscape" on the SLD Main Page.

u00B7 This will open up the Business Landscape page. Just click on "New Business System" button.

u00B7 Enter the Business system name and Press "Next>"

u00B7 Select

and Press "Next>"

u00B7 Now select the Technical System for which you are creating the Business System.

u00B7 Fill the fields with these values and press "Next>"

u00B7 Don't forget to check the product. Anyhow by default it is selected. Just check that it is like this.

u00B7 Select the Integration Server from the Drop down and Click on "Finish".

u00B7 Now Lets see what u have learned till now. Create one more Business System with different Logical System name (Leg004). All other steps are same.

u00B7 Can you see the two business system

u00B7 Okay now move to SLD Home page again and check that the Technical Systems are correctly added to the Products or not.

u00B7 If you are at SLD Home Page then click at "Software Catalog" and then search you Product.

u00B7 Click on the version and this will show the Software Component.

u00B7 To check the Technical system, click on "Installed Systems" this should show something like this.

u00B7 Can you see this? Yes Thank God! Okay fine we have done with the SLD (Products, Software Component, Technical System and Business System)

u00B7 Just close the SLD window and now come back to our main XI screen.

Step 7: Integration Repository

u00B7 Click to open the "Integration Repository" if you are using the XI for the first time this will take some loading time.

u00B7 You will be shown an Integration Builder: Design Screen.

u00B7 First step is to import the Software Component which you have created in the "System Landscape Directory"

u00B7 Select you Software Component from the list shown and click on import button. Done importing - click on "Exit"

u00B7 Now you can see the Software Component on the Left hand side with no objects in it.

Double click your Software Component, a page will open up in the right hand side. Can you see it?

u00B7 Now everything will be in Disable mode to make it in Enable mode click in Edit or Change Icon.

u00B7 Just enter the Namespace.

u00B7 If you are not able to see the Namespace it will in the minimize mode. Just click on "Namespace" and then click on Cap

button. This will maximize the Namespace box.

u00B7 Press save icon.

u00B7 Can you see this on the left hand side?

u00B7 Now we are going to create Two Data Types.

u00B7 Right Click on Data types and click on "New".

Enter the details as per shown and press "Create" Button.

Now start inserting the Fields that you are going to have in the input FLAT file.

Create the Sender Data Type (dt_sender) which is some things like this

Now we need to create the Receiver Data Type (dt_receiver) as per shown below:

Receiver Data type Fields:

Now we need to create two Messages Types one for Sender and other for Receiver. In order to create anything new just right click on the object on the left side and select "New".

u00B7 Select the Data Type (dt_sender) for the Message Type (mt_sender) by clicking the help button and then save it.

u00B7 Similar way, create the Receiver message type (mt_receiver) and then press save.

u00B7 It's the time to create Interface now. Say "New" on the Message Interface on the left hand side

u00B7 Please make sure that you selected Outbound and Asynchronous and then select the Message Type (mt_sender) using the help button . Your screen should be like this before u save it.

u00B7 Now we need to create Receiver Interface. Say "New" and then fill the details as per shown.

This time the Category is Inbound and Mode is same Asynchronous and then select the Receiver Message Type - atlast save it.

!https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251692121/FlatFile_39.gif!Where we are?

- We have Created two Data Types (dt_sender and dt_receiver)

- Then we have created two Message Types (mt_sender and mt_receiver)

- Last we have made 2 Interface (mi_sender and mi_receiver)

My Screen says this. What about urs?

u00B7 Same output! Let's move ahead.

u00B7 Now its time to map the fields of Sender Message type and Receiver Message Type. This can be done by creating a Message Mapping Program. A "Graphical Mapping" which maps the field of Sender to Receiver.

u00B7 Here are the inputs for the Message Mapping Screen. Press "Create"

u00B7 You can drag and drop the Message Types in the corresponding boxes shown as Black. Drag mt_sender Message Type and drop it in the Black Box as shown

u00B7 Same way drag and drop the mt_receiver Message type on the Target Box.

u00B7 Now drag the elements say NAME from mt_sender and drop it on the right hand side NAME field. As you do you can see that Red Color fields turns into Green which means we are doing it right. Complete the mapping by dragging and dropping onto the right hand side fields and see that all the target fields are in Green color.

u00B7 In order to see the Mapping lines what you have done Graphically select the Option as displayed below. Right Click on the field and then select "Dependencies" and select "Show All"

u00B7 Nice functionality Right! This is what called as Graphical Mapping. Save

u00B7 Okay we have done with the Mapping program between the messages but we need to create mapping between the Interfaces even.

So, Select the Interface Mapping and say "New". Fill the details and Press "Create".

u00B7 Now this is tricky. Here you can drag and drop the Interfaces on the white text boxes or you can use the help button to select the interface.

u00B7 Once this is done click on Read Interface button below . This will add the interface in the below box and then u can select the message mapping program for these interface.

u00B7 Okay now we are about to close this Integration Repository. Just select the Message Mapping Program using the help button. What was the mapping program? - (mt_.....).

u00B7 Don't worry as I told XI has made life of us easier it will show only one message mapping program just select it.

u00B7 Good! This is what I Can see now? Okay then save the work.

u00B7 Now its testing time before saying yes we have done everything correct in the Designing Part. Click on the "Test" tab in the same Interface Mapping Screen.

u00B7 Enter the values and press "Execute" button on the same screen

u00B7 Does it works? If Yes wow! This is what I can see? and

The message box says:

Executed successfully

16:10:37 End of test

u00B7 Here is the list from my XI Tool. Now its time to activate. This is something like results time after you write the exam but here best thing is you can see the errors but in real exam result we can feel the beatings?

u00B7 To activate click on the "Change List" tab

u00B7 Change the name of the Activate List and then press the "Activate" button in the bottom.

u00B7 Hurray ! My first design is Successful.

STEP 8: INTEGRATION DIRECTORY

u00B7 Close the Integration Builder:Design and move onto the Configuration part. Open the XI Startup screen. Click on "Integration Directory"

u00B7 I am here now into the Integration Directory now right click on the left side box and select "New". It's okay that Scenario is selected.

u00B7 Just fill the values and press "Create". Then you need to save it in order to see the Configuration Scenario on the left hand side.

u00B7 Fine! Spit on your hand for some more work.

u00B7 Next step is to import the Business System? Right click the Business system and select "Assign Business System" this will opens up a wizard.

u00B7 First screen is Introduction (Sorry no theory as I promised) just say "Continue" button and then it will ask for Party - Sorry no Party say "Continue" button. Select the Business system and press "Finish" button.

u00B7 Please make sure that the "Create Communication Channels Automatically" option is unselected.

u00B7 Next step Right Click on the Communicate Channel and say "New".

u00B7 Give a name to the communication Channel.

u00B7 Now configure your Sender Communicate channel. First Click on the Help button to select the Adapters - Select "File"

u00B7 Then select "Sender" and give the

Source Directory: <Create a folder in the XI Server and then give the path>

FileName: <File that need to be picked up by XI>

Processing Mode: Delete [Delete the file once it has been picked up by Adapter]

All other are default

u00B7 Let's not discuss what each of the Fields do. I just mentioned what need to be changed.

Folder path should be XI Server system path not your system folder path. As I have installed it on my machine that is the reason I have given my C:\ path but If you are having XI server not on your machine then create the folder in the XI Server and give the Local path.

Its logically make sense that from where XI will pick up the file, give that path and check that can Adapter access that path from XI server. I mean a share drive. Did u understand?

u00B7 If yes smile and save the Sender Communication channel.

u00B7 Now in the same manner create the Receiver Communication Channel. I know you are clever you know how to do this?

u00B7

u00B7 My Screen is like this. Only Filename and Target Directory are different.

u00B7 Left hand side Communication channel are like this

u00B7 Done! Next is "Receiver Determination"

u00B7 Did I told u that XI makes our job easier then here it is the proof. Just use the help button to select the Service means your Business system and in the Interface box it will present you the correct interface just select. Before closing, match the following input as below.

u00B7 You know what you are doing here? We are trying to say to XI that this is the

Sender Business system, Sender Interface, Sender Namespace (This is the key)

And to this sender information we need to map the Receiver Business system. In order to do that select the Help option from the "Service" option in "Configured Receivers"

u00B7 After selecting the Receiver Business System. Click on "Save"

u00B7 Now we will create Interface Determination. Just select as it is shown

u00B7 Fill as it has shown below.

u00B7 This interface Determination will ask for Inbound Interface and also for Interface Mapping. Just use help button to select it. Always save when it is done.

u00B7 Next Sender Agreement

u00B7 Nothing special we do here. We just attach the Communication channel to the Sender Key (Sender Business system, Sender Interface, Sender Namespace)

u00B7 Simple as it shows. "Save"

u00B7 Now same way create Receiver Agreement. Thinking How? Now I need to raise my Eyebrow.

u00B7 Simple again. Just select the Receiver Communication Channel.

Are we in the same Boat?

u00B7 You know what? We have done the scenario. Its time for result

u00B7 Activate the scenarios same steps as we have done in the Design part. You need to move to "Change List" tab in order to see the activate option.

u00B7 Yupp we are there! Smile on my face

u00B7 Are we done? Where is the output? What's next? So, XI is going to run the file? What I need to do Next? Finished?

These were the question when I did my first scenario using XI by reading the Blogs. They just end up saying "Provide the input file and then you will get the output file". You know one my student gave XSD content as the input when he did the first scenario. Don't worry I am not going to leave half path. lets go to the target and shout from there that we have done it!

u00B7 Now XI will be a Scheduler job which tries to search for the file in the "Sender Folder" what is this? This is the folder (C:\XI_FILES\SENDER) that we have configured in the Sender Communication Channel and also we gave the file name to pick up. As the file is not there so there will not be any output in the Receiver Folder (C:\XI_FILES\RECEIVER)

u00B7 So how can I provide the file to XI? You need to create a file xi_flatfile_input.dat in the folder C:\XI_FILES\SENDER and copy this data and save it.

u00B7

u00B7 Now wait for the XI to pick the file. Once XI picks the file then it will delete the file.

u00B7 Hurray I got the output file!

u00B7 How to debug if anything went wrong? Login into the XI server and type the TCode "SXMB_MONI" this will take u to the message monitoring screen. Just select the first option then press "Execute". One more screen opens up Just Press "Execute" again.

u00B7 Now open the message which has your business service name. If it is in red color box then error or else if you are seeing what I am seeing then You have successfully created a "FLAT FILE 2 FLAT FILE Scenario" from Scratch.

u00B7 Some of you get the success message in the "SXMB_MONI" transaction but no clue why the file has not been generated in the Reciever Folder. There is one more place where you can check the errors. Yes you are right! "Runtime WorkBench".

u00B7 Click on "Component Monitoring" >> "Display button" >> "Adapter Engine startxi" >> "Adapter Monitoring button"

u00B7 Click on the "File" Adapter if it is Green then we are safe or try to read the errors that is been displayed.

Working with System Landscape Directory (SLD)

Original guide from Srinivas Vanamala

System Landscape Directory is the place where you define the clients landscape information (Technical System and Business System) and also describe the Products and Software Components that is been installed on these systems. Apart from just defining these information we can also facilitate installations, upgrades and transports using SLD. I like to always spell it as "Information Provider for XI".

Lets go some more deeper into the subject and elaborate each of the topic, as I said SLD targets on information like Landscape Information (DEV, QA and PROD) and softwares installed (ECC, CRM, APO) apart from these we can do some of administration parts like locking, transports of packages.

Landscape Information: It is also called as "Systems Catalog". This basically describes the systems in two views Technical system (Physically) and Business System (Logically). Hey One question how you refer to you PC in office. Do you refer it with IP address or with some desk number (XYZ.01.45). Well if you refer with IP then you may have a host name attached to it (Type "hostname" command in the Command Prompt to check the Host name of your system) then it is called as Technical system and if you give any logical name to it say desk number then it is called as Business System. Simple!

So, logically I can say that a One Technical System can be reffered with multiple Business system names. Okay, let me also put in this way for SAP guys. If R/3 is installed on one machine and this R/3 has multiple clients on the same system. Then the system is called as Technical system and multiple Clients are called as Business Systems.

Example: When we define the 3rd Party system we assign HostName to Technical system and some Logical Name (LEG001) to the Business System. If we are creating SAP system then the HostName is Technical System and Clients are addressed as Business systems. Here it shows Visually!

Component Information: It is also called as "Software Catalog". This is straight forward as I said above that this will hold information about the software that Customer or Vendors are having. Say if they are having Microsoft Office software and some of the components installed (Access, Word, PowerPoint) on the Technical System. So, Microsoft office is called as Product and Access, Word and PowerPoint are called as Software Components.

So we can say that Each Product will have multiple Software Components.

Lets now link between the System Catalog and Software Catalog:

Product (CRM) is linked with Software Component (SD, FI, MM, BSP) and we install these Software Components on a Physical Machine (Technical System - FI156.STND.COM) and refer it (Technical System) with a Logical Name (Business System - CRM_SYSTEM).

PRODUCT = SOFTWARE COMPONENT = TECHNICAL SYSTEM = BUSINESS SYSTEM

So PRODUCT = BUSINESS SYSTEM

Hence the Proof!

Now a question in your mind? Okay understood so what? Where we are going to use this information? Well, Software Catalog information is used in Integration Repository and System Catalog information is used in Integration Directory.

If these concepts are clear then its time to learn some thing Practically.

In many of my projects I always get requirement from client saying "Can you please create this in SLD?". The Specification will be something like this:

PRODUCT

Vendor = www.sapplace.com

Name = pro_xmlfile2xmlfile

Version = 1.0SOFTWARE COMPONENT

Product = pro_xmlfile2xmlfile, 1.0 of www.sapplace.com

Vendor = www.sapplace.com

Name = swcv_xmlfile2xmlfile

Version = 1.0

These Configuration are for 3rd Party Systems:

TECHNICAL SYSTEM

Type = Third-Party

System Name = ts_xmlfile_sender

Host Name = starxi

Software Component(s) = swcv_xmlfile2xmlfile, 1.0 of www.sapplace.com

Type = Third-Party

System Name = ts_xmlfile_receiver

Host Name = starxi

Software Component(s) = swcv_xmlfile2xmlfile, 1.0 of www.sapplace.com

BUSINESS SYSTEM

Name = bs_xmlfile_sender

Type = Third-Party

Technical System = ts_xmlfile_sender on starxi

Logical System Name = LEG001

Check the Product = pro_xmlfile2xmlfile, 1.0 of www.sapplace.com

Check the SWCV = swcv_xmlfile2xmlfile, 1.0 of www.sapplace.com

Integration Server = SXI

Name = bs_xmlfile_receiver

Type = Third-Party

Technical System = ts_xmlfile_receiver on starxi

Logical System Name = LEG002

Check the Product = pro_xmlfile2xmlfile, 1.0 of www.sapplace.com

Check the SWCV = swcv_xmlfile2xmlfile, 1.0 of www.sapplace.com

Integration Server = SXI

Let put these information live on System Landscape Directry (SLD):

STEP BY STEP SOLUTION:

STEP 1: LOGIN INTO XI

u00B7 Login into the SAP XI server using the logon pad.

u00B7 Type "sxmb_ifr" transaction code to launch the Integration Builder.

u00B7 Page will popup showing the first screen of the integration Builder which looks similar to this.

Step 2: System Landscape Directory

u00B7 Click on the "System Landscape Directory" link.

u00B7 This will open up the first screen of the SLD (System Landscape Directory). Here we are going to define our Product, Software Component, Technical System and Business System. ()

Step 3: System Landscape Directory - Define a Product

u00B7 First step is to define a Product. For that, click on "Products" link.

u00B7 Click on "New Product" Button to create a Product.

u00B7 Now define the Product as per the inputs and click on "Create" button.

u00B7 Click it the Product will be created and you will be prompted do create a new "Software Unit" for the Product!sld4.GIF!* Create the Software Unit and you will be promped to create the first Software Component for the Product.

Step 4: System Landscape Directory - Define a Software Component

Next step is to create a Software Component. To make the life easier XI automatically takes u to the Software Component page and by default it will select the Product that you have created.

u00B7 Now define the Software Component as per the inputs and click on "Create" button.

u00B7 Fine! You are done with Product and Software Component. You will be promped back to the main SLD Software Catalog screen with your new product selected.

Step 5: System Landscape Directory - Define Technical System

Now we need to define two Technical Systems (One for Sender and another for Receiver).

u00B7 Click on "Technical Landscape" from the SLD main page.

u00B7 When the page opens up select the "Third-Party" from the Technical System Type drop-down and press on the

"New Technical System" button.

u00B7 A page will pop-up asking for details of creating a Technical System.

u00B7 Click on "Next>" button and then Fill all the values and then click on "Next>" again.

u00B7 Your next screen will ask you where is your product? Just search in the box or select it from the list and when it is listed just double click it or select it and say "Add".

Points to be noted before pressing Finish:

- Check that your Product is listed in the "Selected Products box"

- In the Components is your Software Component is selected. It should be selected as per the figure shown below.

Checklist done! Okay enough reading click on "Finish" now.

Are you with me? - Just nod

u00B7 Can you see this:

AND

If Yes Great! We are on the same track then. Let's move ahead.

u00B7 Now, I think you are intelligent enough to create one more Technical System. Just go back to the SLD Main Screen - This is can be done by clicking on "Home" link on the top.

u00B7 When you reach to the SLD main screen click on Technical System again to create the Receiver Technical System. Follow the steps as per used earlier in order to create the Sender Technical system.

u00B7 Don't forget to select correct Product and Software Component from the list displayed.

u00B7 This is what I can see what about u?

AND

Okay we have done with the Technical Systems and now we are going to create Business Systems. Go back to the SLD Home Page - Don't ask me how now it's shown in the top.

Step 6: System Landscape Directory - Define Business System

u00B7 Click on the "Business Landscape" on the SLD Main Page.

u00B7 This will open up the Business Landscape page. Just click on "New Business System" button.

u00B7 Enter the Business system name and Press "Next>"

u00B7 Select

and Press "Next>"

u00B7 Now select the Technical System for which you are creating the Business System.

u00B7 Fill the fields with these values and press "Next>"

u00B7 Don't forget to check the product. Anyhow by default it is selected. Just check that it is like this.

u00B7 Select the Integration Server from the Drop down and Click on "Finish".

u00B7 Now Lets see what u have learned till now. Create one more Business System with different Logical System name (Leg002). All other steps are same.

u00B7 Can you see the two business system

u00B7 Okay now move to SLD Home page again and check that the Technical Systems are correctly added to the Products or not.

u00B7 If you are at SLD Home Page then click at "Software Catalog" and then search you Product.

u00B7 Click on the version and this will show the Software Component.

u00B7 To check the Technical system, click on "Installed Systems" this should show something like this. Can you see this? Yes. Thank God!

u00B7 Okay fine we have done with the SLD (Products, Software Component, Technical System and Business System)

After installing Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver '04, you might want to try it by deploying J2EE application, portal application, or etc using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio. However, in order to deploy and run Web Dynpro application with Adaptive RFC, System Landscape Directory (SLD) must be configured.

Assumption

1. SLD has not been configured

2. It is stopped

3. The OS is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition named ' sapnw2k3ent'

4. ABAP system is installed at ' sape50'

Instruction Steps

1. Enter http://localhost:50000/sld with user ' admin' and password ' admin'<br/>

2. Enter Administration page by clicking at navigation bar<br/>

3. Enter Server Setting page<br/>

4. Fill your hostname, sapnw2k3ent, in Object Server field and click Set button in section Server Parameters<br/>

5. Go back to Administration page and start server

6. Enter Import page. Fill c:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global\sld\model\cr_content.zip in File field.<br/>

7. Click on button ' Import CR Content from Server' and wait for a while. There are 25866 objects to be imported.

8. Enter Data Supplier Bridge page

9. Set Update local SLD to true, RFC Gateway server to sape50 and click on button ' Start Bridge'

10. Start Visual Administrator at C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat

11. If this is the first time for Visual Administrator, you have to create new connection with port 50004<br/>

12. In Global Configuration -> Server -> Services -> Security Provider, set SynchPermissionsWithDatabase to true

13. Select Cluster -> J2E -> Server -> Services -> SLD Data Supplier

14. In Runtime tab page, select HTTP Settings tab page

15. Fill below information

Host localhost

Port 50000

User admin

Password admin

16. Go back to Information tab page and click on trigger button

17. Close Visual Administrator

18. Go to Home -> Technical Landscape via web browser and choose Technical System Type as 'Web AS Java'

19. You should see J2E instance right here<br/>

20. Start SAP Logon and enter tcode rz70

21. Enter localhost in Host field and sapgw00 in Service field

22. Click on Proposal button and choose Yes in confirmation dialog<br/>

23. Click on Activate button

24. Click on Start Data Collection button and choose Yes in confirmation dialog

25. You should get RFC call successful<br/>

26. Go to Home -> Technical Landscape via web browser again and choose Technical System Type as 'Web AS ABAP'

27. You should see E50 instance right now<br/>

SLD Preparation is one of the most important and initial steps in XI transport irrespective of whether you are using CMS or File transfer method. Once it’s ensured that all SLD objects are in place, we can go ahead with exporting XI objects from Integration Builder.

Various options are available for implementing SLD in the landscape ranging from individual SLD per system to a single central SLD for entire landscape and each one with its own pros and cons. You can refer to the planning guide of System Landscape Directory at http://service.sap.com/nw04 -> Planning -> WAS which discusses various landscape scenarios and its various aspects. For this article we’ll consider a scenario wherein DEV and TEST system share same SLD while PRD system has its own SLD. So pictorially landscape can be presented as:

SLD Objects

SLD Objects accessed in Integration Repository

1. Products

2. Software Component Version (SWCV)

SLD Objects accessed in Integration Directory

1. Technical System

2. Business System

Products and SWCVs will remain same across SLDs while technical and business systems will have three sets specific to each environment viz. DEV, CON, PRD.

TSd = Technical System in DEV env.................BSd = Business System in DEV env

TSt = Technical System in CON env.................BSt = Business System in CON env

TSp = Technical System in PRD env.................BSp = Business System in PRD env

Now key point here is that in SLDp we need to have (at least) Technical and Business Systems of CON environment as well. Why is that ? Because we need to mark transport source and targets for all business systems. We’ll discuss this in detail later in section ‘Business System Attributes’.

SLD Objects to be transported:

So the objects that we need to transport from source SLD to target are :

Transport Mechanism

We can move objects by exporting them from source SLD and then later importing them into target SLD.

Exporting Objects(Product,SWCV,TS,BS):

In SLD choose the object and then click on export button as shown below.

Alternatively from respective browser page you can select multiple objects (like TS) and export them together.

Now you get a file to download containing exported objects.

Download this file on local desktop.

Importing objects (Product, SWCV, TS, BS):

In Target SLD follow the below link to import the file :

Administration -> Content -> Import

SLD Bridge

Further we can configure SLDT to forward and update the information received from CON technical systems to SLDP. This is achieved by configuring SLD data supplier bridge of SLDT. Add a new SLD Client pointing to SLDP as below:

Administration -> Data Supplier Bridge -> Add SLD

Settings will take effect when data supplier bridge is restarted.

Why not to create ?

As such Products and SWCVs can be created directly in target SLD instead of transporting from Source SLD. However its essential for SWCV to have identical GUID in both source and target SLD and the best of ensuring the same is export /import method.

Business System Attribute :

Two important attributes of Business System decide what environment the system belongs to and what is the transport target for the business system.

So here system SAPISU belongs to Dev environment and upon transport all the communication channels below system will automatically change to IST_200 in target environment QA. So please create business system group and maintain group and target system for each and every business system as explained below.

Creating Business System Groups

For transport of configuration objects its required to create and maintain transport targets for all business systems. In the Group dropdown, select Edit Groups. Now here you can create a new Transport group say PRD.

Maintaining Transport Targets

Home page --> Business Landscape --> Select Business System

Click on transport targets

In target now we can choose BSp1 and thus assign transport target.

So now objects being moved, business system group created and target system maintained, SLD preparation is done and now it’s a time to start XI Transports.

Former Member

hi rum, it is to import the SWCV from SLD to integration builder

go to integration repository

from there choose menu path

tools->import SWCV from sld

that set

after importing provide the NAMESPACE you want and then save it

it will appear in the left hand tree

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member

In the main menu, choose Tools ® Transfer from System Landscape Directory ® Import Software Component Version.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9c/7a973ca83a4601e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Edited by: Guru on Mar 20, 2008 8:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot

RP