cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SAPGUI from EP and SAPGUIs HTML losing cookies

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where we call an SAP report via the SAPGUI from the portal.

In the report we have a jumpout to a webpage using the class cl_gui_html_viewer. The problem is that this URL displayed in the HTML container within the SAP report within the portal does not contain the SSO ticket for the overall Portal session. When the web application that's called within the SAP transaction and it reads the session cookie it comes up empty. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kelvin,

Have you tried using a WebGui instead of WinGui?

If not, are you using ITS?

If yes, have you mentioned its details in the SAP reference system thats created in Portal?

The web page that appears in your report...is that an ITS page?

Please confirm.

Warm Regards,

Ritu

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No we are not using the Webgui because we have no control over the screen size utilized by it. We have a splitter control and an ALV grid control in each of the split sections and don't want to create ITS templates for the transaction in order to manage it ourself. The only way that we could get the speed and the look and feel of using the entire 19 inch screen was to run the report as a SAP GUI transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Kevin,

Can we debug this....

When the blank page comes up, please right click on it and in the Address (URL) lablel..what is the value?

Are you using FQDN for the sap backend and when calling the transaction from portal?

Also please mention some details as to how are you calling this transaction?

If possible, please send me screenshots on rhunjan@gmail.com

I have done the same setup in my current project..using WinGUI and its working all fine. We are making use of ITS server as well.

Awaiting Reply.

Warm Regards,

Ritu