cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error found in Communication channel monitoring ( component monitoring)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When i executed the RFC from R3, i got the below error in runtime work bench.

please help me out if any one knows, i already gone throug some of sdn linke, but i am not able to get exact solution.

com.sap.aii.af.rfc.RfcAdapterException: error initializing RfcServerPool:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.repository.RfcRepositoryException: can not connect to destination system due to: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=dc2.sytec.passhe.edu SYSNR=43 GWHOST=dc2.sytec.passhe.edu GWSERV=sapgw43 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR max no of 100 conversations exceeded

TIME Thu Mar 20 15:44:08 2008

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT CPIC (TCP/IP) with Unicode

VERSION 3

RC 466

MODULE r3cpic_mt.c

LINE 10713

COUNTER 1

thanks

siva grandhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

Please see these notes - 316877, 314530

raj.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Were you able to fix this?

If yes, what did you do.

If not, I remember seeing this when I was doing the post-installation config after the installation of XI server. I have seen this on the XI ABAP engine.

On the visual admin, for the JCO service, there are a couple of JCO destinations defined. For each of the JCO connection, there is a field which indicates the number of connections to be open.

Make sure that the total number of connections are less than 100.

Now try the connection test

Please let us know what you got.

reg

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

try this

Look at SAP note 314530,316877

you have to set a enviroment variable:

set CPIC_MAX_CONV = 500 (WINDOWS)

setenv CPIC_MAX_CONV 500 (unix)

hope its helps

Rodrigo

ps:rewards points if usefull

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it R3 side or XI side?

thanks

siva

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

r3 side

0 Kudos

Hi All,

My sceanrio is working fine now, after doing clear cache refresh in IR, ID and XI ( sxi_cache).

thanks

siva

0 Kudos

Hi, I got confused with your answer, some body in the forum saying at PI side.

thanks

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the enviroment variables must set in PI side, but test of RFC in R3 side in your case

Thanks

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the enviroment variables must set in PI side, but test of RFC in R3 side in your case

Thanks

ps: if your issue is solve, plz assign point and mark it as answered

Regards

Rodrigo

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In this RFC->File scenario, To test the connection we can test the RFCdestination type TCP/IP in R3 by using test connection in sm59, how can i test whether it is properly connected from from XI to R3.

Please help me out,

Thanks

siva grandhi

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

>how can i test whether it is properly connected from from XI to R3.

Go to Sm59 in XI select the RFC connection, Double click on it..and you will find Test connection Button.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check the below links

1)Adaptive RFC troubleshooting guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f3f93ee7-0c01-0010-2593-d7c...

and

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0019b1a-775f-2910-beb8-d81f27d0...

If you are having problems connecting to the SAP instance, open a DOS-window and type:

telnet 131.200.65.109 3302

And press ENTER. If the whole screen goes black and all letters on it disappear, you are reaching the server. If you get a "Connecting To 131.200.65.109..." message that just sits there, you aren't reaching the server.

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set the following environment variable CPIC_MAX_CONV=500

Regards,

Prateek

0 Kudos

Hi,

Should i Set the environmental varible at R3 side or XI side?

thanks

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worth noting that this environment variable at the OS level is also associated with the SAP profile parameter gw/max_conn_per_wp. See SAP note 972262 for example of reference in post installation steps for a SAP system.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is environment variable CPIC_MAX_CONV

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Make sure you have a logon group called PUBLIC in the backend system which points to a real system. The RFC call is trying to access the localhost (127.0.0.1), which often means a badly defined logon group, or your services and/or hosts file on the portal server have been mucked uo.

refer

The RFC's/JCO's use resources which can configured on the RFC application server. please refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b2/ae1c3d2b058c4ce10000000a114084/content.htm

/thread/348833 [original link is broken]

Thanks

swarup

0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

How can i check whether logon group called PUBLIC or local host. Please let me know.

Make sure you have a logon group called PUBLIC in the backend system which points to a real system. The RFC call is trying to access the localhost (127.0.0.1)

Thanks,

Siva Grandhi.