cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCs Packaging ... What if one IDOC is in error in the packet ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What will happend to the rest of the IDOC in the packet ?

Lets say, i packaged my IDOC in a bunch of 5. The first 3 IDOCs, their payload are ok. However the 4th has a bad payload and it crash in the mapping section ...

Does the first 3 IDOC (and the 5th one) will be sent and the one in error (4th one) will remain (in XI for mapping error) ?

Thank.

michel osborne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check the below links

Packaging - /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

With time limit - /people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/09/07/using-a-bpm-to-collect-messages-for-a-set-interval-of-time

Without BPM - /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

With Correlation - /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandrakanth.k,

Thank for your response. I have seen these blogs. I am not using the BPM.

I am using the IDXPW + Messages filter (sxmsfilter) to packaged the IDOCs.

I have made some tests ... wird enough ...

test #1:

idoc (1) - error

idoc (2) - valid

idoc (3) - valid

.... etc ...

test #2:

idoc (1) - valid

idoc (2) - error

idoc (3) - valid

test #3:

idoc (1) – valid

idoc (2) – valid

idoc (3) - valid

idoc (4) - error

In the "test #1", idoc (2) & idoc (3) are processed correctly (idoc sent to the SAP ECC backend system). Idoc (1) is stuck in XI with errror (mapping) which is OK.

In the "test #2", work the same as in “test #1”, idoc(1) & idoc(3) hs been delivered to the SAP ECC backend system.

However, in the "test #3"all idoc (1, 2, 3,4) are stuck in XI ... idoc(4) in error (which is ok), idoc(1) – up to - idoc(3) in sxmb_moni has the racing flag .... but not delivered to the SAP ECC backend system ... they have the status: Message Schedule for outbound side ....

It seem that each time the package end with and idoc in error, the entire “batch’ get stuck in XI ….

How can i get sent them (test case #3) !!?!?

Thank in advance !

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check the below link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38d5ecd...

as per my knowledge if the 4th IDOC is errored out then the 5th IDOC in the queue will not be delivered and it will be stuck in the queue unless the errored idoc is cleared,and first three idocs will be sent

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k