cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limitation of the file size to upload when using the W.D Upload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Does someone knows if there is a limitation of the File Size to upload When using the FileUpload WebDynpro Control.

Many thanks

Harry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

It's not possible to define the maximum size of the file itself, but it is possible to define the maximum size of the request that'll be accepted by the dispatcher.

"To protect your system from malicious denial-of-service attacks, you can set a limit on the request body length that can be accepted by the HTTP Provider Service on the Java dispatcher."

(quote from <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/start.htm">SAP NetWeaver Library</a> / Application Platform / Java Technology in SAP Web Application Server / Administration Manual / Server Administration / J2EE Engine Administration / Web Container / HTTP Provider Service / Limiting the Length of the Request Body)

The documentation mentions the default value is 128MB, but on my SP15 Sneak Preview it was 1GB.

This is defined at dispatcher level. As far as I know it cannot be limited more strictly at the level of the Web Dynpro FileUpload component instance itself. I also couldn't find a way to define a certain threshold size as of which the uploaded file is directly written to disk instead of being loaded in memory.

Kind regards,

/Sigiswald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi harry

I try to upload a 25M and 65M file size from clinet to the sever using my small webdynpro application and it just work fine.

Regards

Yoel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoel,

can you please also try to check uploadind a file of ~ 250 M size?

Many thanks

Harry