cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chnage quantity and bin while confirming TO after picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

We have fixed bin starategy (material master also has fixed bin). After picking we waned to chnage the quantity in the transfer order how we do that?

Also we do have alternate bins i.e. if the fixed bin is overflowed we do transfer posting to other bin and we do print the alternate bins in the pick list. Bu tthe transfer order only shows the fixed bin and if we pick any quantity from teh alternate bin how we will update the system? can this be handeled through chnage / addition of new bin in trasfer oredr during confirmation?

Please provide any valuable thougghts.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Thnaks,

Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khan,

We have fixed bin starategy (material master also has fixed bin). After picking we waned to chnage the quantity in the transfer order how we do that?

Once picking TO is confirmed then it is not possible to change the quantity, but during confirmation yes, it is possible.

You can change pick quantity during the confirmation with difference indicator. In the configuration, you need to set up that when using that difference indicator, the difference quantity should go back to original source bin instead of difference stype/bin.

Also we do have alternate bins i.e. if the fixed bin is overflowed we do transfer posting to other bin and we do print the alternate bins in the pick list. Bu tthe transfer order only shows the fixed bin and if we pick any quantity from teh alternate bin how we will update the system? can this be handeled through chnage / addition of new bin in trasfer oredr during confirmation?

Becuase you are using the fixed bin streatagy, the TO prints original fixed bin, you can use user exit (not sure which) and mentioned in code during print you need to check whether that material is available in another bin then print another bin on TO print.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help Arif. Can you please guide me on finding the right

user exit for the alternate bin in the TO? It will be a great help to me.

Thanks in advance.

KHAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khan,

Here is the link for user exits and Function modules in WMS, please check with technical expert which one is most relevent for your requirement.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/c6/f83a294afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arif Mansuri