cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with GRC Access Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible to intercept the jobs scheduled by the internal scheduler of GRC Access Control (formerly called Virsa) especially for the FireFighter tool.

Thanks for any information,

Regards,

Yi Jiang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yi Jiang,

Hope your problems / queries regarding GRC and Redwood Cronacle integration have got solved now.

Request you to update all of us on the specific work / problem solving approach you have used.

thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Vithalprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vithal,

We didnot solved this problem. We decided not to schedule this kind of job within SCPS but in the internal scheduler of GRC tools.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards,

Yi Jiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yi Jiang,

Ad hoc jobs are the jobs which are run on need basis and we do not have some fixed execution frequency for the same. (Unlike periodic jobs). Though I do not have first hands experience on GRC system, what ever I read, I think that fire fighter id is releasing the jobs in GRC system as and when required. So this falls under ad hoc category and is required to be controlled using interception in SAP CPS.

I think (I have not worked or seen) that using JXBP interface it is possible to control Java jobs too.

Best regards,

Vithalprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vithal for your answer. I see clearer about these adhoc jobs now.

About the JXBP interface, do you mean that GRC has this interface or it is thanks to the NetWeaver (7.1) Java Scheduler that the control of GRC Java jobs is possible ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Yi Jiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yi Jiang,

I think the VIRSA jobs are ad hoc once, so if you turn on the interception (using program INITXBP2 in GRC system and maintaining the interception criterion in SAP CPS using Script RSI_MAINTAIN_CCMS_JOB_HANDLING and script RSI_SYNCHRONIZE_CRITERIA_TABLE). It should be possible to intercept any jobs with the mentained criterion.

In my thread below, I want to know if SAP systems like GRC, MDM have enough volume of jobs to connect and control jobs out of SAP CPS.

Link: [;

Best regards,

Vithalprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vithal,

Thanks for your answer ! It may open up a new way of investigation.

Since I am not sure of understanding your reply:

- can you give me a definition "ad hoc" jobs ?

- can you tell me if it is possible to intercept the Java jobs as well ?

Thanks again for your help,

Regards,

Yi Jiang