cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot -View DOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. When I try to view a document I get a nesage that the documetn cannot be wriiten into C;\Windows.... But this is a folder where the writing is not allowed in the first place.

2. Normally the files are written on the local SAP directory . For me its not writing, though the path is described right.

3. The Windows admin has given me permission to write. Still not writing.

Whats the solution ??

I want the documents to be viewed . for which the SAP writes into the local directory. But its not wiritng !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

please note that the path for temporary files which is used by displaying originals could be maintained in transaction DC20 for each frontend type.

So if you have maintained a complete path in transaction DC20 where all users have read- and write-permission the system taked this path to put the temporary file there. Another possibility to maintain the path for the local copy is to set it within the local layout settings. Therefore please press Alt+F12 and go to "Options". Here you can set a user specific path like 'C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\...'

If nothing is maintained in DC20 then the system will pick this path and

put the temporary file there. So the correct system sequence should be:

1. path of DC20

2. temp folder in local settings directory

3. maintained path for local data

If you use the 'copy to' or 'edit' functionality first path which is choosen is the path from where the file was uploaded originally. So here you have to change the path manually if it is no suitable for you. A

solution for using a path automatically, you can define a profile with an specific working directory for each workstation application in transaction PFCG. This profile could be linked to any user or role and afterwards the system takes always the maintained working directory. If this is not possible for you the only solution would be to change the path manually when using 'copy to' or 'edit'.

I hope this information is usefull for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chrisptoph,

Thanks for the reply. Itwas very informative. Well I now have the following more questions.:

1. DC20 Maintained, Is that maintained for All the users - one shot - or for each userid we need to add? ( i am on 46c)

2. I have never used that TCD, --> do you know how we need to enter that ?

3. I went to the Options ---.here the path is pointing to the local directory but its not being written there. Its going to some path to which the user doesnot have write access !

4. You mentioned about PFCG --> Profile etc..How is this done. I have used PFCG a great deal but never done some thing you ppointed out !

Looking forward to hear from you !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain C:\TEMP\ path in DC20

check and revert back...

This settings are done for all users...

make sure they have write access to C:\ ok?

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally sap should not store the file in windows systems directory. In DC20 for data carrier type server front end verify that the path is c:\temp as it will open all the files under temp folder only.

BR,

Anirudh,