Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display applications under a specific role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me in solving requirement described below:

I have to develop a Web Dynpro application which will be run on Mobile. This application must show all the Sub roles which are there under a Role named "Mobile". Under each of Sub Roles, Mobile related applications have been assigned. I have to provide links to all this applications. My view will somewhat look as below:

Personnel

Leave Approval

Reimbursement Sanction

HR

Manpower Requisition

Finance

Salary slip

In above display words which are in bold are actually Sub Roles under role named "Mobile". Words which are underline are actually links to respective mobile specific applications developed by our developers.

To get all this data I believe I need to use some portal specific APIs in my Web Dynpro application. Can anyone please help me telling what all APIs must I can use to get this tree structure.

I also want suggestion as to how this must be displayed? Should I use dynamic programming to generate LinkToURL UI elements or should I use some other UI element like tree or tree within table.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopalakrishnan,

Is this menu going to be static / dynamic and is this a DC project?

If its static then you can create a WD Application for this say StartMenu and create Link to URL elements for remaining items.

If its a DC project you will need to add the applications as used DCs in your StartMenu DC and navigate to other components via plugs / interface controller.

For dynamic links i.e to show / hide links you can make use of Visibility property.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for response.

Menu is going to be dynamic. My application do not know anything about what all Sub Roles and applications under each of Sub Roles will be. My application only knows that there will be role named "Mobile".

I think all Sub Roles and corresponding Applications can be fetched through Portal APIs which I do not know how to use it in Web Dynpro Application. In some threads there is mention of portal API WDPoratlNavigation but I am confused as to how that may help in solving my problem.

It's more of like a site map for Role "Mobile" and this site map must be made in Web Dynpro application showing N-level navigation for role "Mobile". There is a blog with respect to Site Map but it is for Enterprise Portal and I want it for Web Dynpro Application

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Hope everybody had a great weekend.

Does anybody have any solution to the problem posted in this thread?

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Going through some documents, I came across following line:

Using SAP NetWeaver Portal you can structure all your content in a role-based manner. You can use the Top Level Navigation (TLN) or the Detailed Navigation (DTN) to browse the user-specific navigation structure

Does anyone have the idea whether there are any APIs for TLN and DTN and can it be helpful in solving my problem? If it can be helpful does any one have any links which tells a developer in detail how to use such APIs to dug out the structure?

Regards,

Gopal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing thread

Former Member
0 Kudos