Did you mean: 

Looking for alternate method for RFC adapter with BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

Right now I have a scenario as follows

An External ==> SOAP ==> XI ==> RFC ==> SAP TABLE

Application

I have an external application that is sending some DATA to XI via SOAP adapter and in turn XI using a ZBAPI via RFC updates the table.

However, the problem is that BAPI's doesn't support STRINGS anymore.

SO MY QUESTION IS: Is there any other way (any other adapter) without using BAPI that I can update the table with this data.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

Edited by: Ram Prasad on Mar 20, 2008 2:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure but have tried with Proxy...

If the data is in string pass the data to ZBAPI as charater format and then convert it to string with ABAP statements like Write before updating the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the quick response, I appreciate it a lot.

I will try this. However, one problem I can see here is that, the string that I am getting is a variable length string and we don't know the maximum data that will be coming. It depends on what the customer wants to send? it is a huge XML string (Blob data).

So if I convert the string to CHAR as you have suggested, won't there be a time when the data may get truncated depending on the length?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAP proxy would be the best probable way. What is the current format of data supported by RFC. Incoming data should be converted to RFC compatible data format through the abap proxy code.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Thanks for your response.

To be honest with you, I have not used Proxy in my job here so far, even though I studied during the courses I took to get certified in XI. I have to go back and look at my notes :).

The data that I am having problems with is of 'STRING' Type, which is a blob data or a CUD string (XML string) of variable length.

If you have any hints or steps for creating ABAP proxy, please let me know. I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Ram

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Regards,

Prateek