cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict users from saving own search in existing Named Searches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created some Named Searches that will be used by the MDM users. These users are only allowed to use these named searches (in their search selections) but they are not allowed to 'overwrite' any of the named searches by their own search criteria.

How can I prevent the user from 'overwriting' the Named Searches?

Because even when I set the user role to "None" for all functions and "Read-Only" for all tables and fields, the user can still make their own search and Save that as Named Search (and thus 'overwriting' the existing Named Search which impacts also the other users that make use of these Named Searches).

We are using MDM 5.5 SP5 (5.5.42.106).

Or is this an autorisation bug in MDM?

Thanks for your answers!

Regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Just for your information:

We have upgraded to MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch 3 (build 5.5.63.57) and they have introduced new role feature to protect named searched to be overwritten (see also release notes of patch 3 - OSS Note 1234675).

So you can now change the Role (in MDM Console) and under section MDM Data Manager, you can set None or Execute for the function of Saving a Named Search.

If you set it to None, then the menu option in the MDM Data Manager of saving an search as a Named Search (and hence overwriting the named search) is greyed out. Only when you set it to Execute (which is automatically set during upgrade to thi snew version when the role has set it's Default function to Execute), then the user can overwrite the named search with his own search.

So, issue solved!

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have reply from SAP that this will be solved in MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch 3 (mid july)

Will update you once we have upgraded and tested.

Regards,

Marcel