cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install XI and the Pre-requisties for the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I want to install XI in my system. Can anyone tell me what are the prerequisties before installing XI and also the installation procedures ..

Thnx,

Laawanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are the pre-requisites

1. Windows server or advanced server with latest service patch.

2. IE 6.0 with latest service patch

3. Install Microsoft office and WinZip, Acrobat Reader.

4. Install JDK with version 1.4.2_05 or above with the corresponding JVM

5. Install the SAP GUI 7.0 or 6.20/6.40

6. Make sure that you have hard disk space of 80-100 GB in C drive and 150-200 GB in the installation drive.

7. Make sure the virtual memory is between min 512 and 1594 MB or better to go for 2-4 GB RAM or above for the installation drive.

8. Copy the dumps of following DVDs into the installation drive.

• Installation Master DVD

• Installation Export

• Additional Components for SAP BW/SAP XI,SAP MI,SAP KW

• SAP Web As Java

9. Start the installation from the DVD dump Installation Master DVD.

10. When installing the ABAP Database the SID of the oracle default database should be different the ABAP database SID.

You can reduce the configuration but normally this is the preferrable option.

Please refer

XI installation guide

Installation Guide

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Installation/XI30InstallGuide.pdf

SAP Network Blog: My experience with XI installation on Fedora Core 3 Linux

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/05/31/my-experience-with-xi-installation-on-fedora-core-3-linux

Configuration Guide

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Installation/Configuration_Guide_FP.pdf

Also this

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700009389172004E.PDF

Tuning guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/423f5046-0a01-0010-2698-b2dc7c31...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0825b590-0201-0010-62b5-cd4e9e27...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as with follow this steps

1. WINDOWS OS (PREFERABLY 2003 SERVER) ENTERPRISE SERVER WITH SUPPORT PACK 1

2. INSTALL THE NECESSARY APPLICATIONS SUCH AS MS-OFFICE, WINZIP ETC..

3. IF IT IS A STANDALONE SYSTEM U NEED TO CONFIGURE THE MICROSOFT LOOP BACK ADAPTER AS THE SAME SYSTEM SHOULD ACT AS BOTH CLIENT AND SERVER..

• So for this go to control panel click ADD NEW HARDWARE , there choose new hardware and click the radio button of install new hardware, and choose manually the Network Adapter there goto Microsoft LoopBack Adapter *

4. GO TO THE RUN IN WINDOWS TYPE AS DRIVERS THERE U FIND THE DIRECTORY OF *ETC * AND FROM THERE GO TO HOSTS AND SPECIFY THE STATIC IP ADDRESS WHICH WAS CREATED IN THE ABOVE STEP AND SPECIFY THE NAME OF THE MACHINE AS SAP TRANSHOST IF IT IS A STAND ALONE SYSTEM.

ipaddress Name of the Machine(SAP TRANSHOST) ==> this must be defined in the hosts file..

5. NOW SET THE VIRTUAL PAGE REPLACEMENTS BASED ON THE RAM SIZE USED IN YOUR MACHINE THE BASIC LOGIC IS 3 TIMES MORE THAN THE ACTUAL RAM SIZE.

*Eg: for 1GB --- 1024 * 3 so, the initial set was 3072*

to configure this right click MY COMPUTER go to ADVANCED there again go to ADVANCED and u find the SETTINGS there u choose the Advanced there u can see the INITIAL SET specify the value based on the RAM SIZE

6. INSTALL JAVA * J2SDK1_4_14 * CREATE THE CLASS PATH FOR THE JAVA ..

To configure this right click MY COMPUTER goto ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES there create a class path, by choosing New

Here choose Java Variable as JAVA_HOME and Java Value as PATH OF THE BIN FILE OF INSTALLED JAVA

7. INSTALL ORACLE 10 G i.e Oracle patches need to be installed.

8. Take the BACKUPS of the CDs or DVDs in your hard disk, and the partition of the hard disk make work area to 100 GB and the dump area remaining, Now from the dump area backup go to the SAP Product --- Installatiion Master --- SAPINST.EXE

when u come to the servers part, it is quite differient when compared with XI3.0 and PI7.0 and at the same time in PI we have a provision of installing the both java and abap as central instance and when u see in XI3.0 u need to sepatrately configure for both java and ABAP, as a whole in concern we dont see separately in the servers part..

Here choose the components of Netweaver which u require while configuring the receivers part..

Deploy the ADAPTERS by importing the XI7_0_SAP_BASIS_7.00_10_00.tpz

9. To add support pack TCODE was SPAM (SAP Support Pack Manager).,

10. To Create a new Client use TCODE as SCC4

11. Check the Tcode-- SICK ( It Shows whether any dependent objects are not consistently installed)

12. Finally download the SAP BASIS component in the IR..

for SLD Configuration...

SLD can be classified into 2 as

1. Software Catalog

2. System Catalog

Software catalog consists with Products and Software Components.

If u know Ms-Office we can understand better, Ms-Office is an Product in which Ms-Word and Ms-Excel and others are the components of the Ms-Office product in similar any object created in XI should store under any software component so we require a Software Component and at the same time this Software Components should be under Products, so we are creating products the hierarchy will be like this for software catalog

PRODUCTS -

>>> SOFTWARE COMPONENTS -

>> NAMESPACES CREATED DURING DESIGN -

> OBJECTS

System Catalog consists with Techinal System and Business System

Technical System is the physical entity but where as the Business System is the logical system of the Technical System..

i.e an n number of business systems are created for a singel Technical system.

Basically while developing the scenarios it is difficult to share the technical system so we develop instance of the technical system i,e a logical system.

feel free to post any queries regarding installation..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the same

Xi Installation Thread

Regards

Seshagiri